Contribute
Register

Chance to update from sierra to catalina with working Gforce 1050ti GPU(passive cooled)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ignore me
CPU
I'm Ignoring
Graphics
the Forum RULES !!!!
I am stuck to Sierra 10.12.6 .... I have ignored several updates allready since a looong time, since NVIDIA does not support it´s GForce driver under current mac os anymore.

Is there any chance to get the Gforce 1050ti running with a supported 3D-driver?
Or do I really have to buy a current supported AMD-radeon-card? And are there silent/passive cooled radeons out there, suported by catalina?

I have a Palit 1050ti KalmX - passive cooled - because this is a sound-studio-computer which mainly should be quit - but some times I like to have 3D-power.

Any hints appreciated!

Is there any chance to get the Gforce 1050ti running with a supported 3D-driver?
No.

No.

OK - I need a passive cooled card - no cards of those in the buyers guide are passive cooled - all seem to be rather expensive. Where to go from here, when not wanting to spend much more than 150 Euros and getting a compatible passiv version?

I bought the NVIDIA 1050Ti because it was passive cooled - this is a workstation for soundrecording.

OK - I need a passive cooled card - no cards of those in the buyers guide are passive cooled - all seem to be rather expensive. Where to go from here, when not wanting to spend much more than 150 Euros and getting a compatible passiv version?

I bought the NVIDIA 1050Ti because it was passive cooled - this is a workstation for soundrecording.
You may have to switch to a card like GT 710 (DDR3), e.g.

The card is (much) weaker than the GTX 1050 Ti but it may be your only choice at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back