Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ProArt Z490 Creator 10G
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor
I was working on some issues I was having yesterday and had to use the -v and -x flags to see what the issue was. I fixed the problem and have my system running again, but now every time I start up the system the -v and -x flags are defaulted at the chameleon screen. I can't normally boot the system without hitting a key at the bootloader screen and removing the flags first. It isn't a major problem as my system can still function, but it is a pain that I have to sit there and wait for the chameleon screen to come up and hit a key in the little window of time while the system loads. Thanks in advance for any help.

We don't use Chameleon here per se. We use a branch called Chimera, so you might want to try that instead.

Hi!

I'd guess this issue is somewhat related to the NVRAM module used for recent updates of Chameleon to fix iMessage: perhaps it's storing the boot flags last used somehow (i'm really guessing here, because i really have no idea). I recommend you to reinstall Chameleon to reset the boot screen, instead of installing Chimera, because Chimera still lacks the NVRAM fix for iMessage and, until it got updated to include the module, you will never have the ability of log out of iMessage and log back in, or in with another account, having to stay signed in until the token expires, which isn't really nice.

When running the Chameleon package, be sure not to install anything but the bootloader. Preferentially, save a copy of your Extra folder somewhere for safety before doing it.

Good luck!

Did you try anything?

I haven't tried yet. Going to be heading out of town for about a week. I will try as soon as I get back. I do have that new Chameleon update to fix the iMessage issue though so maybe that is the problem. Thanks for your advice and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

So I tried reinstalling Chameleon but had no luck solving the issue. Luckily however I saw there was a Chimera update with the iMessage fix. I tried installing that and everything is cool now. Thanks for all the help TheConnactic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back