Graphics
AMD HD5850 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have Windows 7 and OSX on the same drive with two different paritions.

According to diskutil via OSX terminal, the OSX partition is ACTIVE. However Chameleon does not load. All I get is "loading operating system".

The only way for me to get into OSX or Windows 7 is through the iBoot CD.

I tried reinstalled Chameleon RC5 in themes under multibeast and under graphics enabler "Chameleon ATI Experimental".

I have also tried repairin caches and permissions too with no success.

Is there something I'm missing here??

eosman said:
I have Windows 7 and OSX on the same drive with two different paritions.

According to diskutil via OSX terminal, the OSX partition is ACTIVE. However Chameleon does not load. All I get is "loading operating system".

The only way for me to get into OSX or Windows 7 is through the iBoot CD.

I tried reinstalled Chameleon RC5 in themes under multibeast and under graphics enabler "Chameleon ATI Experimental".

I have also tried repairin caches and permissions too with no success.

Is there something I'm missing here??
Yep...you missing Chameleon :D you only installed the Themes, not the bootloader itself. Start Multibeast again and under System Utilities klick Rebuild Caches and Repair Permissions, under Advanced Options choose Chameleon and klick the right bootloader for your System. ;)

Tried that and still no luck. Thanks for helping though. So frustrating... :(

eosman said:
Tried that and still no luck. Thanks for helping though. So frustrating... :(
Boot into your OSX with iboot, install chameleon again like mentioned, don't reboot, open system preferences and klick on startvolume...choose your OSX HD for start and reboot from there. Maybe it works.

I went to System Preferences but the only thing I see with the word start is "startup disk". There are two options in there, restart or target disk mode.

eosman said:
I went to System Preferences but the only thing I see with the word start is "startup disk". There are two options in there, restart or target disk mode.

Looks like you need from its description the Chameleon 2.0 RC4 by AsereBLN installed to get that Preferences Pane mentioned by the previous poster.

Attachments

• P01-B2_modified.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
I got it working. I downloaded multibeast 2.6 and use it to as you previously mentioned with repairing permissions and reinstalling chameleon and it worked. I was using multibeast 2.5.1 before with no luck... Don't know why that made a difference. lol.

eosman said:
I got it working. I downloaded multibeast 2.6 and use it to as you previously mentioned with repairing permissions and reinstalling chameleon and it worked. I was using multibeast 2.5.1 before with no luck... Don't know why that made a difference. lol.
No matter how, the main thing is, it works. I'm glad if I could help you :)

karacho said:

I might be having a similar problem, but I installed using easybeast. Is there a way to verify I have the Chameleon installed? When I boot from the iBoot disc I see Chameleon RC5, but if I boot from the HDD I don't see chameleon and have more limited functionality (single display resolution, no built in audio or network, ...). With iBoot I get everything after installing a new sleepenabler. I'm on 10.6.5.
Thanks

Attachments

• DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edits_v3.dsl.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 49
cgates30 said:
karacho said:

I might be having a similar problem, but I installed using easybeast. Is there a way to verify I have the Chameleon installed? When I boot from the iBoot disc I see Chameleon RC5, but if I boot from the HDD I don't see chameleon and have more limited functionality (single display resolution, no built in audio or network, ...). With iBoot I get everything after installing a new sleepenabler. I'm on 10.6.5.
Thanks
Have a look at eosman's post above...there's the answer....and here -> viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9603&start=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back