Graphics
GTX660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Guys, I am a bit over whelmed here. Hackintosh working fine on SSD HDD. Installed windows on other HDD (non ssd). I interrupt chameleon bootloader and choose windows HDD, does not boot. However, if I disconnect SSD (which is the hackintosh) then Windows HDD becomes default and windows boots. How do I boot windows when I interrupt chameleon bootloader???? Please help.
Vik

Guys, I am a bit over whelmed here. Hackintosh working fine on SSD HDD. Installed windows on other HDD (non ssd). I interrupt chameleon bootloader and choose windows HDD, does not boot. However, if I disconnect SSD (which is the hackintosh) then Windows HDD becomes default and windows boots. How do I boot windows when I interrupt chameleon bootloader???? Please help.
Vik

Did you follow the guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Sir,
When I switch to UEFI chameleon boots, if I disable UEFI then it just skips the first boot order (ssd) and moves on to windows. Which boots. So if I wanna use legacy the SSD with OSX is ignored. I am not as bright as I pretend to be, a few sentences from you would save my day.

#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *256.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS SSD 255.7 GB disk0s2
/dev/disk1
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk1
1: Windows_NTFS System Reserved 104.9 MB disk1s1
2: Windows_NTFS INT 1 200GB 199.1 GB disk1s2
3: Windows_NTFS WIN100GB 104.9 GB disk1s5
4: Windows_NTFS INT2_200GB 196.0 GB disk1s6
/dev/disk2
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk2
1: Windows_NTFS New 2TB One 1.0 TB disk2s1
2: Windows_NTFS New 2TB Two 951.8 GB disk2s2
/dev/disk3
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *2.0 TB disk3
1: Windows_NTFS 2_TB_HDD 2.0 TB disk3s1

windows is on WIN100GB
osx is on the ssd

I did install windows with UEFI enabled, have I screwed up there??? Do I move to legacy and install windows again??? Also without UEFI SSD is ignored how to rectify that?

windows is on WIN100GB
osx is on the ssd

I did install windows with UEFI enabled, have I screwed up there??? Do I move to legacy and install windows again??? Also without UEFI SSD is ignored how to rectify that?

Open the Windows disk management tool and look at your drive. If it looks like

DSC_0045.JPG then you installed UEFI.

If you can only boot UEFI, then you have a choice - use Clover as your boot loader or re-install both in legacy mode by setting the boot mode in BIOS to Legacy Only and installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back