Contribute
Register

Chameleon help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Yesterday was my first day at trying to install Mac OS X, I succeed and also managed to install windows 7 in a dual boot. Today I installed Chameleon 2.0, It boots Windows fine, but when I try to boot Snow Leopard it just restarts my system, is there any fix for this?

Thanks, Rich93.

rich93 said:
Hi. Yesterday was my first day at trying to install Mac OS X, I succeed and also managed to install windows 7 in a dual boot. Today I installed Chameleon 2.0, It boots Windows fine, but when I try to boot Snow Leopard it just restarts my system, is there any fix for this?

Thanks, Rich93.

Hi Rich93,

This article helped me figure out dual booting and get mine working correctly. http://osx86.sojugarden.com/2009/12/dua ... mystified/

rich93 said:

Thanks, Rich93.

Usually a restart upon boot from hard drive indicates an improper kernel- what version of OS X are you running? Did you update to at least 10.6.2? If not, you may have to boot with iBoot, and update to ensure that your CPU is supported.

Apple didn't release Macs with Core i processors until 10.6.2. Then Core i mobiles with 10.6.4.

Thanks for both of your replies. I got it working by installing packages from Multibeast in the end. Now I have another problem when I boot from it. When I boot from Chameleon, my keyboard and trackpad wont work (USB ones do). But when I boot with iBoot they do, know any ideas?

Thanks, rich93.

P.S. Im running 10.6.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back