1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Alright, so this morning, I got to work on making a proper OS X install on my new computer.
Intel DP67DE motherboard, i5-2500, 8 GB of RAM, and a GTX465. It took a while experimenting what flags would let me boot my 10.6.0 install disc (and subsequently, the install), but I ended up at "busratio=29 PCIRootUID=1 -force64 maxmem=8192 -v". Graphics were basic 1280x800, but the networking worked right out of the box.
I updated to 10.6.7 Combo, used BridgeHelper 2, and MultiBeasted in Chameleon RC5 SB, and audio drivers. Now, the audio drivers aren't working for me, but that's for a different topic.

After messing with Chameleon, and it not wanting to boot properly, I just used the iBoot Legacy disk to keep getting into OS X. I set the partition active, etc etc, made my Windows 7 install play nice with Chameleon, the whole 9 yards.

Now...while W7 boots perfectly fine from Chameleon, OS X does not. I can attach -v all I want to the install, but it just shows the first few lines of text and then displays black. There's a signal, yes...but it's black. I've tried PCIRootUID=1, GraphicsEnabler=yes and no, but nothing seems to be making it work.
iBoot Legacy, however, starts it up perfectly fine. No flags needed.
What gives? Has anyone run into this before? I figure once I get this sorted out, I'll tackle audio...

Hi all,

exactly same problem here.

Did you solved it?

Thx.

Nope. I've just been keeping my iBoot Legacy disk in my drive and using that. I know it's a crutch, but it's not a big issue for me personally.

Interestingly, it seems I can put whatever I want into the busratio kernel flag with Tuxxxie's modded kernel. With busratio=42 I get a much better GB score. Not sure if this is valid? It seems like this flag is overriding whatever I have set in BIOS.

2011-04-17_gb.jpg

Attachments

• 2011-04-17_gb.jpg
    2011-04-17_gb.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 261
Re: Chameleon from HD doesn't boot SL. Sorry about the NOOB

Trying clean install on referenced board with multibeast and Iboot.
Using PCIRootUID=1 -x flags I can install and get to the point that the system shuts down and reboots on its own during the 10.6.8 combo update.
I7-2600k not overclocked. This makes all boots hang.
It sounds like during original instal I need to edit that list file to 34.
The 10.6.8 update is supposed to support the chipset and processor, but I can't seem to finish that install. On straight snow leopard using I boot network works.

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K (Sandy Bridge-DT XE, D2)
3400 MHz (34.00x100.0) @ 1596 MHz (16.00x99.8)
Motherboard: Intel DP67DE
Chipset: Intel P67 (Cougar Point) [B3]
Memory: 8192 MBytes @ 532 MHz, 7.0-7-7-20
- 4096 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Patriot Memory (PDP Systems) 1333EL Series
- 4096 MB PC10600 DDR3 SDRAM - Patriot Memory (PDP Systems) 1333EL Series
Graphics: GIGABYTE GeForce GTS 450
nVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (GF106), 1024 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive: WDC WD6402AAEX-00Y9A0, 625.1 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s
Drive: SAMSUNG HD103SJ, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 3Gb/s
Drive: OCZ-AGILITY3, 58.6 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s
Drive: ASUS DRW-24B1ST a, DVD+R DL
Drive: MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM, DVD+R DL
Sound: Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [B3]
Sound: nVIDIA GF106 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
DOwnload this, worked for me:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... start=3440

Pretty much exact setup HW. GTS 450 card I managed to solve the chameleon boot issue by setting the partition active using fdisk in SNL. Google it. It made Chameleon work perfectly. I also skipped the bridgehelper and used built in software update continuing to boot iboot until the Chameleon issue which I solved via fdisk. I have always had lousy luck running the Combo Update as a stand alone. When installing via built in SU utility, The machine actually starts to shut down during the install.
I also found a mac pro efi firmware update that I would like to try, but I need to find time (and probably plenty of it) to mess with it, before trying to boot native osx.
It 's a lot of fun to play with, but I don't get to play as much as I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back