Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys,

a successful installed my Hackintosh with Unibeast and Multibeast. I also installed Windows 7 and when I start my PC I can choose if OSX or Windows should boot. If I press no key OSX is booting automatically. How can I change that with the Chameleon Bootloader, so that Windows 7 will boot first, if I press no key?

Thanks a lot!

In /Extra/org.Chameleon.Boot.plist, add:

Code:
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>YOUR WINDOWS DISK HERE</string>

You can use either the name of the partition/disk (which can be shakey), the UUID of the partition/disk, or the disk number thing (like hd(0,2) which would be disk0s2. You can find that in disk utility or terminal using "diskutil list".)

Hello there, I was wondering how you would implement that in the Chimera. I did what you stated, open up the Chimera file and add those Strings, but I did, restarted, and it still tries to auto boot Apple.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm also trying to make Windows 7 my default boot up. I modified "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" by adding:

<string>disk1s1</string>

But OSX is still the default. Is it because my Windows 7 and OSX are on different drives and not on a single partitioned drive?

I'm also trying to make Windows 7 my default boot up. I modified "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" by adding:

<string>disk1s1</string>

But OSX is still the default. Is it because my Windows 7 and OSX are on different drives and not on a single partitioned drive?
It should be hd(1,1) not disk1s1 but it were me I'd use chameleon wizard to make it easier on you and select it from there on the org.chameleon.boot.plist tab to take all the guess work out

Hello there, I was wondering how you would implement that in the Chimera. I did what you stated, open up the Chimera file and add those Strings, but I did, restarted, and it still tries to auto boot Apple.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Refer to post five for easiest method

Refer to post five for easiest method

Thanks for the quick reply! I figured it out. Somehow the listing on my "diskutil list" changed and my Win 7 and OSX drive names were swapped and after a reboot it worked. Or maybe it is really late and I misread the name... and it was (1,1) that worked.

It should be hd(1,1) not disk1s1 but it were me I'd use chameleon wizard to make it easier on you and select it from there on the org.chameleon.boot.plist tab to take all the guess work out

where do I write these lines within "org.chameleon.Boot.plist":

<string>hd(1.1)</string>

to make Windows a default OS? Also, how can I tell within the Mac OS (Leopard in my case) if "hd(1,1)" is the hard drive where Windows OS is installed? By the way, this is what my "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thus, my questions remains the same; where do I insert the lines listed above? how can I tell within my Mac OS the hard drive id and partition where Windows OS is installed? Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back