Contribute
Register

Chameleon always reboots when I try to boot OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search on kexts.com. and search also for AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext. Perhaps this kext will fix your issue with the dead keys. On the other hand, before installing more additional kexts, you should jump into System Preferences->Keyboard and select -change keyboard- 1st

For your network i'm not sure, because i can't find out which chipsets your notebook have, i found this only on the net...

• Networkinterface 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN integriert
    Wireless-Technology 802.11 b/g/n

That's not very helpful, sorry

bojomojo said:
The keys are working, but for example if I press HOME, it wont bring me to the beginig of the line, but if I press it on a webpage it scrolls to the top..

Also Which represents the function key in SL on a windows keyboard.
That wasn't easy at the beginning for me too. That time I've had googled a bit around for "windows keyboard on mac" and i suggest you do the same, because it's to much to wrote it all down here. And the fact is you've a laptop and the key assignment might be different from desktop keyboards. Also keep in mind you're on OSX now and not on windows. On OSX some keys are not similar like on windows and don't have the same funtion like on windows.
About the network card..
Its Realtek PCIe Family adapter
There are much adaptors i found. How do you connect them and which chipset is assembled on it?

BTW, you've installed Easybeast and need to install the USBFamily Rollback with Multibeast (in addition with System Utilities ticked)

bojomojo said:
The network card is built in, and i3 HM55 chipset
Hmm...ok. Then i suggest you install Lnx2Mac's realtek driver with Multibeast, perhaps you're lucky with that...i don't know. Keep in mind always tick System Utilities in Multibeast when installing or removing kexts. That's important.
Edit: I always boot using cpus=1
is tehre a problem with that?

or is there any check to do to make sure that the cpu is not overloading?
No there's no problem and some laptops need it to boot and w/o that flag booting might result in kernel panics. You always type that argument on the bootscreen? or have you add it into your boot.plist?

Is it really important for you?? If the answer is no don't happened nothing for you have this card without install, but with the model of the card you can search in google o directly in Kexts.com.

In HP webside there are a lot of diferent models for G62.

But only one card for all the laptops.
NIC Fast Ethernet PCI-E Realtek

I'm searching in google the motdel os this card and is dificult, because this is a generic name but i think than the model of your ethernet card is this, but i'm not sure 100%
Realtek RTL8139/810X Family Fast Ethernet NIC Realtek

Try this kext and report.
http://www.kexts.com/view/856-hp_g42_397tx_realtek_8102e-8103e_for_mac_drive.html
or this:
http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?...7262-0d7a3c6bd49a30f8be784b697d76c9e08e125d99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back