Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am trying to access my sl drive after installing my windows but it gives me a chain booting error. I used the easyBCD method on the guide section.

Boot Sequence:
Windows drive
SL drive
DVD RW

Can someone tell me what went wrong? Is it possible to use chameleon to dual boot for two drives?

Konxichigo said:
I am trying to access my sl drive after installing my windows but it gives me a chain booting error. I used the easyBCD method on the guide section.

Boot Sequence:
Windows drive
SL drive
DVD RW

Can someone tell me what went wrong? Is it possible to use chameleon to dual boot for two drives?

FOR DUAL BOOT

After partition under GPT one drive to mac os extended (journaled) another to fat.

first install windows 7 then snow leopard to mac os extended (journaled) run combo 10.6.6

dont reboot run multi beast as per http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/03/ ... -from.html . :thumbup:

I managed to installed dual boot on a single disk. As my disk is too small, I tried to install on both, SL is on GPT and Windows is on FAT32 and formatted to NTFS on installation.

Some questions:
Which drive should be the first boot piority?
Can I just use Chameleon to boot instead of easyBCD?

Current disk partition:

Konxichigo said:
I managed to installed dual boot on a single disk. As my disk is too small, I tried to install on both, SL is on GPT and Windows is on FAT32 and formatted to NTFS on installation.

Some questions:
Which drive should be the first boot piority?
Can I just use Chameleon to boot instead of easyBCD?

YES FOR CHAMELEON AND FOR FIRST BOOT SNOW LEO :thumbup:

Hi josh, I tried removing my entry edit for Mac OS X on easyBCD and booted using my OS X drive first. I get this Windows Boot Manager error saying device is inaccessible etc.

Konxichigo said:

Boot Sequence:
Windows drive
SL drive
DVD RW

Yes.
Set up bios for OS X.
Install OS X. Update, post installation fixes via MultiBeast. Reboot, check functionality. Shutdown.
install HD for Win 7 and connect to SATA port.
Disconnect SATA cable to OS X HD.
Install Win7. Update to SP 1, install security suite, office software, etc. reboot and check functionality.
Shutdown. Reconnect OS X SATA cable.
Boot to BIOS, change OS X HD to first in boot order. F10 to save & exit. Continue boot to chameleon screen, hit any key to select OS to boot from.
If you want to have the option to select OS without hitting a key select "Instant menu"
in MultiBeast.

OR
Boot to BIOS with Wn7 install DVD in tray and change all SATA ports to AHCI.
Install and update Win7. Shutdown.
Connect OS X HD, disconnect Win7 SATA cable.
Boot to BIOS and set up for OS X.
Install and update OS X. Shutdown.
Reconnect Win7 SATA cable.
Boot to BIOS, change OS X HD to first in boot order. F10 to save & exit. Continue boot to chameleon screen, hit any key to select OS to boot from.
If you want to have the option to select OS without hitting a key select "Instant menu"
in MultiBeast.

It doesn't matter which you install first as long as AHCI is enabled for the SATA ports.

thanks alot going bald, i'll give it a try later on. will post my result here later =P

I tried your methods and did a reinstall of my Win7 and SL, I am still having the windows boot manager issue. I will upload some images of my boot sequence and the error images. Hope you can help me out.

If I set the boot sequence to:

1) SL HDD
2) Win7 SSD

I will get the Windows Boot Manager page saying device is inaccessible

If I set the boot sequence to:

1) Storage HDD
2) SL HDD
3) Win7 SSD

I am able to boot into Chameleon and SL but unable to boot into Win7

Right now I am using Win7 SSD as first boot to post this message. I'll upload the images later as I can't seem to access flickr at the moment.

5552618666_e6668a76a6.jpg

5552033787_8fcfa6202c.jpg

5552618474_4fc70b654f.jpg

Hopes these photos can help explain my issues better =P

Is there anyone who knows how to solve this problem? Please kindly help me out :(

I personally gave up trying to make Win7 play nice with other bootloaders. The method I'm using now involves keeping Win7 on one physical disk, OSX/Linux on the other, and when I want to boot one or the other I change the order of hard drive boot in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back