i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Hey guys,

I followed the guide and the settings when CFG-Lock can't be disabled in BIOS (see attached screenshot: coffee lake - PLIST - CFG-LOCK). Actually, I have no problem, freeze or other system issues, the question is:

is it absolutely necessary to fix that?

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.9 KB · Views: 139
  • Hackintool - Verify - CFG-LOCK.png
    Hackintool - Verify - CFG-LOCK.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 930
  • coffee lake - PLIST - CFG-LOCK.png
    coffee lake - PLIST - CFG-LOCK.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 551
How do you generate that log in Hackintool?

With the CFG lock, I was running it in the locked state and no workaround for a couple weeks after I reached a stable build. I occasionally ran across some problems, like during reboot or restarts after sleep/wake. Annoying but nothing major.

Since I unlocked the CFG, it's been running smoothly knock on wood.

Hey guys,

I followed the guide and the settings when CFG-Lock can't be disabled in BIOS (see attached screenshot: coffee lake - PLIST - CFG-LOCK). Actually, I have no problem, freeze or other system issues, the question is:

is it absolutely necessary to fix that?

Thanks

thank you for your feedback!

I clicked on the first icon in the bottom (it's a cpu icon in grey).... the UX is really bad!

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before but I'm a new member here and trying to find the link to the firmware so I could update my Z390 Designare bios to unlock CFG. Would you guys advise?
Thanks!

I have no problem, freeze or other system issues, the question is: is it absolutely necessary to fix that?

@alexgenovese,

I believe that it is necessary to disable CFG-LOCK on some Z390 motherboards in order to get native NVRAM working.

You can work around the lack of native NVRAM by using emulated NVRAM, however you loose some of MacOS's debug features suck as KP crash logs and automatic setting of the temporary boot volume when updating MacOS.

Without any kind of NVRAM (Native or Emulated) you wont be able to use the App Store, iMessage, FaceTime .. etc and the system will not remember things like the volume level or brightness .. etc.

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back