Contribute
Register

Celeron G530, H61M-HVS, Will this build work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I need a computer with a powerful GPU and OS X for my University studies. I don't need heaps of CPU power so I thought about this kind of a build:

CPU: Intel Celeron G530
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-HVS
RAM: 2x G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1333
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PSU: 500w

Will it work? I can't really afford more than that, I already have the GPU though and it worked fine on my mate's Lion box. :)

I wonder if it runs with the Vanilla kernel?

Unrealized said:
I need a computer with a powerful GPU and OS X for my University studies. I don't need heaps of CPU power so I thought about this kind of a build:

CPU: Intel Celeron G530
Motherboard: ASRock H61M-HVS
RAM: 2x G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1333
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PSU: 500w

Will it work? I can't really afford more than that, I already have the GPU though and it worked fine on my mate's Lion box. :)

I wonder if it runs with the Vanilla kernel?
Change the motherboard to a cheap Gigabyte one. ;)

I can't. The ASRock costs 49€ in my area while gigabyte one costs 105€ :( I don't have such moneys so I hope the ASRock will work..

Hmm.. I found it for 75€ in a store, got to think about a build (also sorry for my punctuation at the moment as I use an android phone)

Unrealized said:
I can't. The ASRock costs 49€ in my area while gigabyte one costs 105€ :( I don't have such moneys so I hope the ASRock will work..

Hmm.. I found it for 75€ in a store, got to think about a build (also sorry for my punctuation at the moment as I use an android phone)
Well, with this way you will lost sleep function and you will need - if you want -patched BIOS to get working speedstep. And the VIA audio... will be pain. An other board with Realtek ALC8XX audio would be better.

m0O6p.jpg

So, is this build better? :) It's price is okayish to me at least. What do you guys think?

Unrealized said:
m0O6p.jpg

So, is this build better? :) It's price is okayish to me at least. What do you guys think?
Yes, it's lot better. And a reference designed 550 Ti would be better. With 2xDVI.

I have the card already and it worked fine on Lion. So I guess I will be fine.

Thanks guys! :)

Unrealized said:
I have the card already and it worked fine on Lion. So I guess I will be fine.

Thanks guys! :)
Oh, sorry. I didn't know it. ;)

One more question, if I swap the CPU to G850 is it able to run vanilla? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back