Graphics
GTX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Alright. I OWN a MacBook Pro 13". Or, I did, until it started accelerating towards the floor. It came with a CD labeled "13-inch MacBook Pro Mac OS X Install DVD" and the version is listed as 10.6.7. Would I somehow be able to put iBoot onto a USB stick and then boot to the install CD? My final question is whether or not my hardware is compatible. From what I've seen, it is, but it doesn't hurt to check again.

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5 3450 3.1ghz Ivy Bridge
Graphics: EVGA GTX 480

No, the DVDs that come with Macbooks are hardware-specific, so they don't work with Hackintoshes.

Anyways, since your computer uses an Ivy Bridge (Intel 3rd-generation) processor, it wouldn't work with Snow Leopard anyways. You have to go straight to Lion or Mountain with Unibeast.

No, the DVDs that come with Macbooks are hardware-specific, so they don't work with Hackintoshes.

Anyways, since your computer uses an Ivy Bridge (Intel 3rd-generation) processor, it wouldn't work with Snow Leopard anyways. You have to go straight to Lion or Mountain with Unibeast.
I can go straight to Mountain Lion? Is there a guide for this? I can't seem to find any that go straight there, only ones that start at like Snow Leopard then upgrade. Anyway, is it 100% required that I burn an iBoot CD? If at all possible, I'd prefer to keep it on flash drives.

I can go straight to Mountain Lion? Is there a guide for this? I can't seem to find any that go straight there, only ones that start at like Snow Leopard then upgrade. Anyway, is it 100% required that I burn an iBoot CD? If at all possible, I'd prefer to keep it on flash drives.

Yeah, going straight to Mountain Lion is super easy. Make a Unibeast USB drive from your Macbook. Then boot that USB drive on your PC. iBoot is only used for Snow Leopard.

Yeah, going straight to Mountain Lion is super easy. Make a Unibeast USB drive from your Macbook. Then boot that USB drive on your PC. iBoot is only used for Snow Leopard.
Unfortunately, when my MacBook fell, the display cable snapped and is no longer usable. Any other options or am I screwed?

In that case, I think you're kind of screwed. I suppose you could borrow a Mac from a friend, and make a Unibeast USB drive from there.

I guess I could try re-attaching the display for the macbook or using an adapter of some sort...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back