Contribute
Register

CCC drive from hack, no sound when booting from new drive. 2 diff. hacks!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am upgrading the boot drive on a Moarfish build ( B75m-3dh +560ti) with 10.8 (multibeast 5.1.2? UEFI boot, no DSDT) this computer boots up without a bootloader, and works properly with the original hdd. it is only when i used the cloned drive taht problems with the sound arise.

I've CCCed the drive, blessed with the current multibeast 5.5.5, and when i reboot, the sound is greyed out. the information says i only have intel HD audio.

in console, i have sound assertion in appleHDACodecGeneric at line 350 twice on bootup.

i have 100% function when i revert to the old drives - the cloned drives cannot load sound for some reason.

I am having the same problem with original vs. ugpraded drvies on a gordo build hackintosh. i think it has somehting to do with how i am using multibeast.

any thoughts?

i am trying to upgrade the boot drive on a gordo build (z68x-ud3h+6850) with 10.7.4.

I've CCCed the drive, blessed with the current multibeast for lion, and when i reboot, the sound is greyed out. the information says i only have intel HD audio.

I am also upgrading the boot drive on a Moarfish build ( B75m-3dh +560ti) with 10.8

I've CCCed the drive, blessed with the current multibeast 5.5.5, and when i reboot, the sound is greyed out. the information says i only have intel HD audio.

both of these computers i have 100% function when i revert to the old drives - the cloned drives cannot load sound for some reason.

any thoughts?

Have you tried running MultiBeast and reapplying the correct audio kext for each drive? If you are booting from -x (safe mode) then audio is disabled.

Adrian B

thanks for the reply!

after CCC entire drive, i run multibeast with my original selections. (i've been following the setup for this moarfish build)

drivers>audio>realtek ALC8xx>without dsdt>alc887/888b>v100302 current

the computer with new drives can boot successfully after applying multibeast 5.5.5. the only thing that's missing is the sound. all of this is happening outside of safemode.

thanks for the reply!

after CCC entire drive, i run multibeast with my original selections. (i've been following the setup for this moarfish build)

the computer with new drives can boot successfully after applying multibeast 5.5.5. the only thing that's missing is the sound. all of this is happening outside of safemode.

Normally when you create a clone drive, all that is required is to run MultiBeast and install the Chimera boot loader and theme on the cloned drive. It should then boot and run just as the original did.
If you have cloned a drive and rerun/reapplied all MultiBeast settings it might not be working due to having conflicts in the installation - repeated instructions?

Re do one of the drives and run MultiBeast only for Boatloader. Report back.

Adrian B

Normally when you create a clone drive, all that is required is to run MultiBeast and install the Chimera boot loader and theme on the cloned drive. It should then boot and run just as the original did.
question: for the moarfish build i didn't use a bootloader originally. it goes directly from POST to the tonymacx86 boot screen. should i be applying chimera 2.2.1 if i didn't need it before? i'll install chimera this time around and see if i have a change. thanks!

If you have cloned a drive and rerun/reapplied all MultiBeast settings it might not be working due to having conflicts in the installation - repeated instructions?
oh yeah i've actually cloned the drive about 6x for each computer, and i'm working off a fresh clone to avoid layered conflicts. originally this started out as a small upgrade and i've been troubleshooting for the last 20 hours or so :)

installing chimera 2.2.1 didn't change anything for audio. on bootup, the console has this error:

Code:
2013-12-03 11:04:13.000 AM kernel[0]: HDAEnabler: 05/05/2008 Added SP-Audio support by Taruga
2013-12-03 11:04:31.191 AM coreaudiod[155]: 2013-12-03 11:04:31.190451 AM [AirPlay] Started browsing for _airplay._tcp.
2013-12-03 11:04:31.191 AM coreaudiod[155]: 2013-12-03 11:04:31.190950 AM [AirPlay] Started browsing for _raop._tcp.
2013-12-03 11:04:31.192 AM coreaudiod[155]: AHS_DefaultDeviceManager::SynchronizeDeviceList: the device list should never be empty - retrying
2013-12-03 11:04:32.193 AM coreaudiod[155]: AHS_DefaultDeviceManager::SynchronizeDeviceList: the device list should never be empty - retrying
2013-12-03 11:04:33.193 AM coreaudiod[155]: AHS_DefaultDeviceManager::SynchronizeDeviceList: the audio device list is empty

i can see the volume icon in the menubar upon bootup, but it greys out after a second or two. this happened before chimera install.

question: for the moarfish build i didn't use a bootloader originally. it goes directly from POST to the tonymacx86 boot screen. should i be applying chimera 2.2.1 if i didn't need it before? i'll install chimera this time around and see if i have a change. thanks!

oh yeah i've actually cloned the drive about 6x for each computer, and i'm working off a fresh clone to avoid layered conflicts. originally this started out as a small upgrade and i've been troubleshooting for the last 20 hours or so :)

Default bootloader and theme is applied as standard. You can select from other optional versions elsewhere in MultiBeast and these be applied if selected. From memory MultiBeast 5.5.5 has latest bootloaders available.

Adrian B

chimera has no effect. i installed it, but this comptuer never needed a bootloader; it was a DSDT free install.

shoudl i be using a different version of multibeast older than 5.5.5? i'm stumped as to what else i can try.

chimera has no effect. i installed it, but this comptuer never needed a bootloader; it was a DSDT free install.

shoudl i be using a different version of multibeast older than 5.5.5? i'm stumped as to what else i can try.

OS X needs a boot loader to boot on PC hardware. It is impossible that OS X can boot without a suitable bootloader. Is this second HDD/SSD attached using a SATA port or USB?
Does the original installation have 10.8 installed or 10.9?

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back