Contribute
Register

Catch 22 situation with the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

1st, I wanted to add something like this as my signature, I thought it might come handy:

I'm beginner and I'm looking to build a Hackintosh to compete with the $499 base Mac Mini - which line might not have any future at all - in low cost and low power consumption, for a server. I don't need CPU power. Add 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD, AC Wi-Fi, and I'm happy.

Then I got this:

The following error occurred:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

Okay, let's try to contact an administrator. Then I got this:

Not enough posts!

Sorry, you need 75 more posts before you can create a new conversation. You currently have 0 posts. Please come back once you've made a few more posts in the forum.

75 posts to start a conversation? I mean, that's an insane level of posts by any means, I guess, many casual users here will never reach. You may be interested in lowering that number to be in line with other, similar online communities.

Anyways, what's the solution to my trilemma?

As a bottom line: How do I turn off the the check box () and receive email notifications at the bottom of every post I submit? I never want to receive email notifications, thank you.

Last edited:
...1st, I wanted to add something like this as my signature, I thought it might come handy:

I'm beginner and I'm looking to build a Hackintosh to compete with the $499 base Mac Mini - which line might not have any future at all - in low cost and low power consumption, for a server. I don't need CPU power. Add 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD and I'm happy.
Please (re)read the Forum's Rules & Policies which you must have skipped over when you registered. Hint: those type of signatures are not allowed. http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

Then I got this:

The following error occurred:

Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator.

...Sorry, you need 75 more posts before you can create a new conversation. You currently have 0 posts. Please come back once you've made a few more posts in the forum.
[/I]...

Anyways, what's the solution to my trilemma?

To contact the tonymacx86 Forum Administrators, use the Contact Us at the bottom (left) of each Forum web page underneath the tonymacx86 logo.

Please (re)read the Forum's Rules & Policies which you must have skipped over when you registered. Hint: those type of signatures are not allowed. http://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/
I reviewed your rules again, related to signature. I understand the rules are worded for expert Hackintoshers, with their systems up and running. But as a total beginner, whose system only exists in his mind, I wouldn't completely rule out my type of signature. In fact, it may even be considered to be helpful for more experienced members to review my situation, thank you. If I view your rules a little more liberally, I don't see anything that rules my type of signature out explicitly, especially knowing the intent behind it.

Or, to ask it differently, how to break into this at all, how to start from scratch? Nobody is born an expert, right?

To contact the tonymacx86 Forum Administrators, use the Contact Us at the bottom (left) of each Forum web page underneath the tonymacx86 logo.
Gotcha! (Then, it is a little different here than in most other online communities.)

Guys,

I realized the forum content is mostly organized by macOS versions. That is what Google finds me as possible relevant search results on a general topic but under an older OS version will lead me to a discussion on an abandoned OS version, no one will see my new post.

Such as this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/adding-using-hidpi-custom-resolutions.133254/page-28#post-1363280

Probably all of you are tinkering with Sierra already, I Googled for 'hidpi sierra' and the above topic was the one Google deemed most relevant. And abandoned topic for an old OS version. So where best to move my question?

Also, I couldn't find the button to report my post for the moderator to help me where best to move it. Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back