Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Catalina Won't Boot After Kext Install - KP on AppleAHCIPort.kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
"sudo" command is not recognized. When running "kextcache -i /" from my Catalina recovery drive i get errors:

failed to create cache folder...
Error 107 rebuilding...
Error pruning staging area - no such file...

I installed these kexts to the system drive because the threads referencing them suggested they would only work in this manner (and not from Clover's kext folders). Was I incorrect to do this (i.e. it is outdated info), or is this correct since I am using older/Clover methods?

As I continue trying to get Catalina running, is it likely I will need to deal with /S/L/E/ and /L/E/? Or was this a total mistake and I shouldn't come across this again (assuming I'll mess something up again)? I am happy to erase/clean-install Catalina, but was hoping to learn how to recover this - figuring it would come in handy.

Last edited:
Ok, I was able to boot into the problem system with -x and did permissions/cache from there. This has recovered my system! Thanks for the help (though I still couldn't find how to do it in Catalina through the Recovery disk.

Ok, I was able to boot into the problem system with -x and did permissions/cache from there. This has recovered my system! Thanks for the help (though I still couldn't find how to do it in Catalina through the Recovery disk.
sudo doesn't work in recovery terminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back