Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me

Main Components:
  • Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR LGA 1151 Intel Z170 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
  • CPU: Intel i7-7700K processor
  • Radeon RX Vega 64 Graphics Card
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15
  • Primary Storage: Samsung SSD 970 PRO 512GB - NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD
  • Secondary Storage: 2 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSDs (Used for Windows RAID)
  • Wireless Card: Fenvi T919 for macOS PC PCI WiFi Card Continuity & Handoff BCM94360CD https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VCCZS54/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Other Components (Probably Not Imperative)

Corsair 750M as a power supply
Corsair SP Series, SP120 RGB LED
Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
2 Noctua Fan with Focused Flow and SSO2 Bearing
Keyboard: Razer Ornata Chroma Gaming Keyboard (Actually know what don't get this. It's pretty but the drivers SUCK!)
Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma Multi-Color Wireless MMO Gaming Mouse
Display Monitor: LG Electronics 27UD68P-B 27" Screen LED-Lit Monitor
Case: NZXT S340 Razer Matte Black Steel/Plastic ATX Mid Tower Case

Bios Configuration

I got it to work with Windows in RAID (Hard not Soft RAID) on the the two drives. This is possible because macOS is installed on my M.2 drive so it's independent of configuring SATA raid. An advantage of this is that macOS will never recognize my Windows drives. Other than that here is the essential steps. I also set it to XMP but that isn't required.

Intel Virtualization Technology [Enabled]
iGPU Mulit-Monitor [Enabled]
Primary Display [PEG]
ErP Ready [Enabled (S4 + S5)]
Fast Boot [Disabled]
Launch CSM [Disabled]

Bios Version: 2.17.1246.

The rest of the BIOS settings I have I imagine are not imperative but I have included a screenshot of the changes that would occur If I set the system back to normal (note it is therefore backwards)

Installation

I did a normal installation of the macOS Mojave and upgraded to Catalina and can't recall the need to do anything special. If it doesn't work first try feel free to try and change the USB EFI files with my files. that I have attached.

Post Installation

I have attached my EFI folder which should handle all the needs you have. If not it works too slow to be functional. Display Audio DID NOT work with the New AppleALC so use the one in my attached EFI folder. I have also attached My Library/Extensions folder. Uses UEFI Clover boot loader and definition iMac 18,3. Currently iMessage, Continuity, Handoff, iCloud etc. seem all to be working.

Sidecar
The important kexts if you just seek the Sidecar/Handoff/Continuity to work you will need the AirportBcrmFixup.kext. Here is a video of Sidecar working:

Attachments

• Extensions.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 442
  • bios Settings.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 210
  • EFI.zip
    23.5 MB · Views: 461
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
I'm having trouble with getting SideCar to work without pixillation.
Mac 19,1
Gigabyte Designare
Radeon rx580.

I've got HEVC enabled along with integrated gpu.

and the "AirportBcrmFixup.kext" in my other folder

Any ideas?

So I have a newly build Hackintosh that is very stable. All my studio plugins work, got great results on geekbench and everything is running great. I just bought the same Fenvi card that you mentioned and I'm tryin to get sidecard and the other features working but I cant figure out how to get the kext to install (I bought this from a hackintosh builder). Right now I can send files from my mac to the ipad and when my iPad connects to my Mac, the network hotspot portion is working. But I'd like to have sidecar and universal clip board.

I cant figure out how to get the kext installed. I tried using the kextbeast app, put the kext on my desktop and ran the install but when my system came back up, the kext wasnt in the /system/library /extensions folder. Any advise for a newb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back