Vega 56 / Alphacool Eiswolf GPX Pro
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all!

I finally transferred from Clover Configurator to Open Core. It solved my long ongoing problem of VEGA 56 card not outputting second HDMI output, so that is such a relief that it's working now.
But now my wifi is not working (it was before), and sometimes the system/audio freezes for a few seconds, there is a freezing glitching sound and a lag, then it unfreezes after 2-6 seconds. Has anyone experienced this? It happens once in a few hours.
Does this have something to do with ACPI / SSDT configuration?
I also have the AirportItlwm kext for my build, but my wifi/bluetooth card should work OOB , perhaps i need another kext? I thoroughly went through the Dortania guide, but couldn't find anything else..

Attachments

• config.plist
    31.8 KB · Views: 20
Hi all!

I finally transferred from Clover Configurator to Open Core. It solved my long ongoing problem of VEGA 56 card not outputting second HDMI output, so that is such a relief that it's working now.
But now my wifi is not working (it was before), and sometimes the system/audio freezes for a few seconds, there is a freezing glitching sound and a lag, then it unfreezes after 2-6 seconds. Has anyone experienced this? It happens once in a few hours.
Does this have something to do with ACPI / SSDT configuration?
I also have the AirportItlwm kext for my build, but my wifi/bluetooth card should work OOB , perhaps i need another kext? I thoroughly went through the Dortania guide, but couldn't find anything else..
if your wifi card works OOB then you probably do not need an intel wifi kext...

what make and model wifi card do you have?

Hey Feartech, thanks for your reply. My card is Fenvi 1200M
then no need to use intel wifi kexts for a support native broadcom card

make sure you have done this correctly:

then no need to use intel wifi kexts for a support native broadcom card

make sure you have done this correctly:
Yes I've been through this process a few times, my usb ports are working as much as I tested.
But I guess I might have missed something, also on Open Core now so I have to adjust to the differences.
Will get back into this procedure for a new SSDT

Yes I've been through this process a few times, my usb ports are working as much as I tested.
But I guess I might have missed something, also on Open Core now so I have to adjust to the differences.
if you upload your zipped EFI, someone can take a look

also after setting up your ports, you have to disable XhciPortLimit in your config.plist

ok! now going to try restarting with Xhciportlimit off

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 39
ok! now going to try restarting with Xhciportlimit off
your wifi card should be listed as 255 in your info.plist in your USBPorts.kext, doesn't appear so in your files

keep Xhciportlimit enabled and re do the USB guide

also config.plist says iMac17,1

but your USBPorts.kext info.plist says iMac18,3, they both need to be the same

okay I see, I will do that, thank you.
Actually I restarted with xhciportlimit off, and now the wifi is working.
But I will redo the usb configuration then

Back