ASUS HD6770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

Long time hackintosh user here. I've been a hackintosh user for over 10 years and about a year ago threw in the towel and went back to Windows when I failed getting Catalina running and ran into too many hurdles getting my backup back up and running.

I've decided to return to the dark side (I really miss OSX), and have a P8H67 Deluxe board working. It boots into the USB installer fine and can do an install, but can't get it to boot into the install drive. While in verbose and safe mode I am getting

deferred by iousbhosthiddevice

I have the following boot flags also set: dart=0 & PCIRootUID=0

I've seen a few references for legacy boots that I can't use APFS. Is this true? Any help would be greatly appreciated

I finally figured out a combination of drivers to install using multibeast that gets me past the above issue, now however I'm experiencing an issue a lot of people seem to have.

APFS_Module_Start: 1689 panic

I've tried adding the change EC0 to EC, H_EC to EC, and ECDV to EC patches that were recommended in a few posts, and also added the SSDT-ECUSBX.aml and SSDT-EC.aml files to my CLOVER > ACPI > patched directory. But I'm still getting the above error on boot.

I'm still searching posts to see what solutions have worked for others, but so far am hitting a dead end :\

I found a post that mentioned getting Catalina working by using 10.15.3, I went ahead and did the re-install, but got a 1683 error instead of the 1689

I just spent the day going the route of OpenCore. Was hoping this approach would yeild results, but the error on boot is exactly, the same. I also tried to do an install with Mojave, received a similar error.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I just spent the day going the route of OpenCore. Was hoping this approach would yeild results, but the error on boot is exactly, the same. I also tried to do an install with Mojave, received a similar error.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Place this in OC/ACPI and run PROPERTREE OC SNAPSHOT. Propertree is in the downloads section.

Attachments

• SSDT-EC.aml.zip
    658 bytes · Views: 91
Thanks for the response. I created a SSDT-EC.aml file using a script from Opencore and my exported DSDT, but I'll try this one out next. Crossing my fingers... I might have to give up and stick it out with Windows until I can afford some new hardware.

Unfortunately it didn't work, same error on boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back