Contribute
Register

Catalina - Nvidia GTX 660 TI (GK104) - Glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard or system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Hi to all,

Im trying to setup my nvidia card gtx 660ti (gk104), but I get glitches.

I install WhateverGreen and Lilu kext with Hackintools, but still get glitches? Any advice?

I install AppleALC kext and fix the audio. Still have problems with Wifi-after update, but I have original Apple wifi adapter...and wont work native, after update. Any tip?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.02.03.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.02.03.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 745
Hm. Why then I get glitches. Is the not mathing framebuffer the problem?

I do not use Nvidia cards I only checked a post that talks about Nvidia card compatibility.

Maybe it is a frame buffer issue.

MY card is compatible with Catalina. Its Kepler GK104. But this gliches...and also the mouse slows down sometimes. How can I set this frambuffer correctly? Any guide?

This problem has been going on since High Sierra came out. It's never getting fixed unfortunately.

So...you have also this card and issue? Its best then to get an amd rx560 or rx570?

yes. I ended up switching to an RX 570 and then later to a Vega 56. the RX 5 series can be found for pretty cheap used and all will be an upgrade to what you have. There is a thread that is hundred of pages long about this issue. If it's any consolation, being that macOS is built to run on AMD graphics, the interface will feel much snappier once you switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back