Hi!

My build:
Intel 10850K i9 10-core 3.6 Ghz
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
Onboard iGPU (Intel UHD graphics 630)

Kexts in use:
WhateverGreen 1.5.0
Lilu 1.5.3

I've been running a solid Catalina build for about 3 years now with a single monitor using HDMI.

I'm trying to add a second monitor (7 inch HDMI monitor) using Display Port with a DP to HDMI adapter.

That monitor will not work, whether plugged at boot or hotplugged.

However, Mac OS will recognize it as a second monitor (when hotplugged) as System Preferences allows me to make display arrangements, but it remains black.

I've tried tinkering with Hackintool without success... I believe the mini monitor connects to BusID 0x01 (line gets red with I hotplug it).

Any advice? Thank you!

Here's what I have on Hackintool when both screens are connected.
The main screen is functional, and looks like it's hooked HDMI to 0x04

I feel I'm close but still no image on the 2nd monitor.

Info.png
Connectors.png
Advanced Patch.png

I think that you may need to change your frame buffers to get the DP output working properly. I am no expert but managed to get mine working with a bit of Googling.

Have a look at the DeviceProperties in the Gigabyte-Vision-IGPU.plist attached below.

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 21.15.33.png IGPU Device Properties for Comet Lake Z490 system.

This plist should contain the IGPU Framebuffer properties for your z490 Vision G motherboard and Comet Lake IGPU.

DeviceProperties taken from @CaseySJ Vision-D guide/EFI

Attachments

• Gigabyte-Vision-IGPU.plist.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 2
I managed to get both screens to work!!! Hotplug and plugged at boot.

BUT... my main screen (the HDMI one) is now heavily tinted purple. I see the desktop and everything but it seems everything that should be black is now purple.

Getting close!

I managed to fix the purple screen by using ForceRGB.command found in @CaseySJ 's build instructions.

Now both screens seem to work ok.

Getting the DP screen to a stable state is achieved by power cycling the monitor, once boot is complete. Otherwise, the image gets blurred with flashy and wide horizontal black lines.

Back