Register

Catalina Installer Issue - Restart Loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
driversUEFI folder is very wrong, too many files in there

config.plist should use one for HD4400 according to your hardware profile

acpi/patched folder is very wrong, only should have SSDT-EC.aml if required

clover/kexts/other should only have essential kexts in there

your clover folder is not a dumping ground, have only what is needed for hackintosh

Hi Feartech

Thanks for the prompt response. Followed your advice but no luck. Here's my updated clover folder. I am using Clover bootloader version 5091. Once again the installer quits @ the third stage with 4 minutes remaining & reboots. Another new symptom has emerged; when I try to boot from the USB installer at the 3rd stage the clover bootloader gets stuck @ scan entries screen. Hope you have some answers.

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
Hi Feartech

Thanks for the prompt response. Followed your advice but no luck. Here's my updated clover folder. I am using Clover bootloader version 5091. Once again the installer quits @ the third stage with 4 minutes remaining & reboots. Another new symptom has emerged; when I try to boot from the USB installer at the 3rd stage the clover bootloader gets stuck @ scan entries screen. Hope you have some answers.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup

your FakeSMC.kext seems a bit old, download a newer version (make sure your other kexts are updated to new versions)

remove the Old and Extra folder in Patched folder, leaving only your SSDT-EC.aml

when i mentioned about using a config.plist form the laptop guide, i meant to use as is without editing it :)

i was still using clover version from the downloads section above, version 4961 which seemed to work good

make sure to use a good usb installer, sandisk makes a good installer, making sure it is a USB2.0 stick

your FakeSMC.kext seems a bit old, download a newer version (make sure your other kexts are updated to new versions)

remove the Old and Extra folder in Patched folder, leaving only your SSDT-EC.aml

when i mentioned about using a config.plist form the laptop guide, i meant to use as is without editing it :)

i was still using clover version from the downloads section above, version 4961 which seemed to work good

make sure to use a good usb installer, sandisk makes a good installer, making sure it is a USB2.0 stick

Hi Feartech

Will do so as soon as I get a break from my current project. Will keep you posted. Much appreciated.

Hi Feartech

I followed your suggestion but no luck. All seem to go smoothly until the second stage installation where it suddenly quit with 4 minutes remaining, just like earlier attempts. Just so you know, I have changed the config as well as downgraded the clover bootloader. Any help?

Hi Feartech

I followed your suggestion but no luck. All seem to go smoothly until the second stage installation where it suddenly quit with 4 minutes remaining, just like earlier attempts. Just so you know, I have changed the config as well as downgraded the clover bootloader. Any help?
you will need to attach new problem reporting files

you will need to attach new problem reporting files

Hi Feartech

I much appreciate the prompt feedback. But how do you suggest I gather the problem reporting files as I was unable to install Catalina. I can only offer you my EFI folder from the USB installer if that'll help.

Hi Feartech

I much appreciate the prompt feedback. But how do you suggest I gather the problem reporting files as I was unable to install Catalina. I can only offer you my EFI folder from the USB installer if that'll help.
yes

try install catalina 10.15.1 with clover 5098. my problem that was as same as you fixed.but dont forget to use DSDT path .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back