Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Catalina installer doesn't see my SSD, only locked USB boot stick, but all disks are visible in disk utility. I tried to format SSD trough disk utility, but it failed with error. Then I tried with terminal but with the same error.

So I moved disk to original Mac and formatted there to APFS/GUID. When I put SSD back to PC problem is still present.

I'm into hackintosh since the beginnings, but because I've got Mac Pro and hackintosh is my second computer I didn't update since Sierra which was working perfect. I thing there is some stupid detail missing like driver in clover or similar but can't figure it out.

Conf is the old one: Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Ati 4870, i7 Quad [email protected], Corsair SSD Force 3.

I spent 9 hours trying every solution, so pls help with some idea. Thanks.

Catalina installer doesn't see my SSD, only locked USB boot stick, but all disks are visible in disk utility. I tried to format SSD trough disk utility, but it failed with error. Then I tried with terminal but with the same error.

So I moved disk to original Mac and formatted there to APFS/GUID. When I put SSD back to PC problem is still present.

I'm into hackintosh since the beginnings, but because I've got Mac Pro and hackintosh is my second computer I didn't update since Sierra which was working perfect. I thing there is some stupid detail missing like driver in clover or similar but can't figure it out.

Conf is the old one: Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Ati 4870, i7 Quad [email protected], Corsair SSD Force 3.

I spent 9 hours trying every solution, so pls help with some idea. Thanks.

Do you have this in Clover/Drivers/UEFI folder?

Attachments

• ApfsDriverLoader.efi
    20 KB · Views: 68
Not 100% certain but I think your EX58-UDS board is a Legacy board unless it has a dual boot system which would be also UEFI, if it is just Legacy, the installation must be done in the old Apple file system (HFS+) and as a Legacy install. Unfortunately Catalina will convert the installation to the new APFS system which will not work on your board but there is a way to do the installation on Legacy boards it is a bit involved but definitely doable. The install usb drive must be built for Legacy installation also. Google 'How to Install Catalina on a Legacy board' or words to that effect.

If I'm not mistaken, either Mods P1LGRIM or GoingBald done an excellent write up and Guide on OS X Legacy Installation, maybe for a different OS X version but the method will be the same for Catalina.

Not 100% certain but I think your EX58-UDS board is a Legacy board unless it has a dual boot system which would be also UEFI, if it is just Legacy, the installation must be done in the old Apple file system (HFS+) and as a Legacy install. Unfortunately Catalina will convert the installation to the new APFS system which will not work on your board but there is a way to do the installation on Legacy boards it is a bit involved but definitely doable. The install usb drive must be built for Legacy installation also. Google 'How to Install Catalina on a Legacy board' or words to that effect.

If I'm not mistaken, either Mods P1LGRIM or GoingBald done an excellent write up and Guide on OS X Legacy Installation, maybe for a different OS X version but the method will be the same for Catalina.
Yes it's Legacy board and I made bootable stick Legacy, like any older MacOS version in the past. Also I tried with Mojave, the same problem is present. Obviously they changed something with disk driver.

For all of you who are stuck with the same problem I found the solution.
To get SSD and other disk recognised by installer you should edit config.plist through Clover Configurator.
Mount your EFI, open config.plist with the utility and select in the "Kernel and Kext Patches", select "Kext to patch". Create new line with
"Name": AppleAHCIPort
"Find": 4585F60F 95C289C8 83E0FE66 85C9780F 84D2750B
"Replace": 89C883E0 FE6685C9 0F98C141 08CC9090 9090750B
Synchronise and you are good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back