Contribute
Register

Catalina installed - more or less ok, but some issues (e.g. failed reboots)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X UD5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
RX480
Hi,

I followed the Catalina guide on this site (thanks to the dev team!). I have things set up and working, but noticed:

Upon reboot, sometimes when the Apple symbol on black background comes up and progress bar is half way or so, the system just reboots again. Second time seems to boot successfully into Catalina. Seems hit or miss and not sure what could cause that.

Also, I am using RX480. Do I need to do anything special to enable all its computing cores? And how about trying to unlock CFG on my motherboard? Is that even worth the effort? Any othre tips?

Haven't run Multibeast yet, but trying to udnerstand in what cases I need to use kexts or other mods. So far my TP Link T4U is working fine, as is my USB Audio Interface. So just not sure what my next steps should be.

thanks

Hi,

I followed the Catalina guide on this site (thanks to the dev team!). I have things set up and working, but noticed:

Upon reboot, sometimes when the Apple symbol on black background comes up and progress bar is half way or so, the system just reboots again. Second time seems to boot successfully into Catalina. Seems hit or miss and not sure what could cause that.

Also, I am using RX480. Do I need to do anything special to enable all its computing cores? And how about trying to unlock CFG on my motherboard? Is that even worth the effort? Any othre tips?

Haven't run Multibeast yet, but trying to udnerstand in what cases I need to use kexts or other mods. So far my TP Link T4U is working fine, as is my USB Audio Interface. So just not sure what my next steps should be.

thanks

Attachments

• GeneralPreferencesMacOSSierra-5774382f3df78cb62c3c58b1.jpg
    GeneralPreferencesMacOSSierra-5774382f3df78cb62c3c58b1.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 41
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back