Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello.

Hopefully, I am doing this correctly this time. I apparently stepped on another thread by accident. My apologies.

I am asking for any help/suggestions. I have been able to set up a functioning USB drive using Unibeast 10.0 and the most current available Multibeast. I am trying to install OS Catalina 10.15.3. This is my first attempt at building a Hackintosh, so: noob.

Despite several attempts, the system makes it to about 50% of the progress bar (black screen with white Apple logo) before shutting off.

Clover version is 2.5k rev 5103 as per the screen shot below, but the zip file as a different rev number. I hope that isn't the cause of this. I had replaced some of the EFI files based on another thread referencing ASUS motherboard builds.

Please let me know if the attachments have any problems.

Hardware:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero - BIOS is current
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700k
Hard Drive: Samsung EVO 970 1 TB
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32Gb 3000

Again, sorry for inadvertently hijacking another thread. Noob.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Clover_v2.5k_r5071.zip
    1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0245.PNG
    IMG_0245.PNG
    8.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9578.JPG
    IMG_9578.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3177 2.JPG
    IMG_3177 2.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3177.JPG
    IMG_3177.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 54
we need to see your EFI Folder to offer any help.

we need to see your EFI Folder to offer any help.

Any specific part? I am trying to attach the whole folder, but I don't seem to be able to attach anything other than individual files. I am attaching the zip file with everything. Hopefully that will work.

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 53
  • config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 56
  • CLOVERX64.efi
    863.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Clover_v2.5k_r5071.zip
    1 KB · Views: 31
The entire clover folder..

Sorry, but I think I may not be doing this correctly. Sorry if I am sending multiple replies. Still new at this whole thread/forum thing. I am resending the zip file for the Clover folder. I can't seem to send it otherwise, unless I send each file individually. I apologize in advance if it looks like I'm nagging.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 50
I build my EFI Folder lean and mean, have a look...

you are going to need the files in ACPI/patched as well

they may not work, but worth a try

report back

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 10.20.11 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 2020-03-22 at 10.20.11 PM.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 58
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    63 bytes · Views: 63
  • SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 64
I build my EFI Folder lean and mean, have a look...

you are going to need the files in ACPI/patched as well

they may not work, but worth a try

report back

Added in the patches you sent (thank you, btw). There was a notable change in that it would not shut down mid-way through the progress bar. However, it made it to the end of the bar where it is still lingering. Not sure how long to leave it there?

how is your graphics setup in bios ? some good videos on it on YouTube, search hackintosh bios settings Z390

how is your graphics setup in bios ? some good videos on it on YouTube, search hackintosh bios settings Z390

Did that. Made some, truthfully, minimal changes as most settings were already in place. However, I would like your opinion about any possible settings at the Clover boot screen. Is there something I should adjust here?
Thanks in advance.
7C7C731C-22DE-4707-B715-21C71228190E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back