Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Installing Catalina final release from scratch or via in place upgrade both have same result for me. Boot to install and about 3-5% progress on the bar and for hour or more... nothing happens. The machine had working Mojave before and install was pretty straight forward. Heard someone said install takes very long time. Any advice?

Installing final release from scratch or via in place upgrade both boot the install and about 3-5% progress on the bar and for hour or more and nothing. Heard someone said install takes very long time. Any advice?
Hace you use fakesmc un your USB and slide=0 un bootflag?

Yes to both... Still hangs.
Got it working based on other info in this thread it was the SSDT-EC.aml file that got past the point where it was hanging.

Thanks Peeps!

Got it working based on other info in this thread it was the SSDT-EC.aml file that got past the point where it was hanging.

Thanks Peeps!

Hi Regardo, I have a very similar system to yours (6700k and Maximus VIII Impact instead of Hero) and I had the same problem of the installation being stuck when trying to boot from USB installer.

Could you please explain in detail what is that SSDT file you were talking about and how you solved the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Yes to both... Still hangs.
dear friend, have you checked your date and hour BIOS system, if not right boot can be possible. so, even in my system was like this.

Hi Regardo, I have a very similar system to yours (6700k and Maximus VIII Impact instead of Hero) and I had the same problem of the installation being stuck when trying to boot from USB installer.

Could you please explain in detail what is that SSDT file you were talking about and how you solved the problem?

Thanks in advance!
Boot with -v, if its stuck at apfs_module_start... put ssdt-ec in efi/clover/acpi/patched

please send a screenshot or a video when booting

Sorry I wasn't clear, someone asked me what resolved it. What was described with the ACPI fixed my problem. I resolved the install issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back