Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
I tried to update to Catalina today through the regular channels. Something has gone terribly wrong.

After rebooting a couple of times, my computer seemed to freeze. The monitors were black. After a little while of not doing anything, I pushed the reset button. Now, when clover comes up, it shows me two drives, but neither is my boot drive. The options are to Boot Install MacOSX from Boot OS or to Boot Install MacOSX from my data drive. I've never seen my data drive shown in Clover. I tried booting from my Mohave USB and it didn't give me clover, it just went into OS Utility. From Disk Manager, I could see all of my drives, but I couldn't boot from them.

Any ideas? Did I mess something up by hitting reset? The white light was flashing, but after a while, it really didn't seem to be doing anything.

Any suggestions? Anywhere I should go?

I tried to update to Catalina today through the regular channels. Something has gone terribly wrong.

After rebooting a couple of times, my computer seemed to freeze. The monitors were black. After a little while of not doing anything, I pushed the reset button. Now, when clover comes up, it shows me two drives, but neither is my boot drive. The options are to Boot Install MacOSX from Boot OS or to Boot Install MacOSX from my data drive. I've never seen my data drive shown in Clover. I tried booting from my Mohave USB and it didn't give me clover, it just went into OS Utility. From Disk Manager, I could see all of my drives, but I couldn't boot from them.

Any ideas? Did I mess something up by hitting reset? The white light was flashing, but after a while, it really didn't seem to be doing anything.

Any suggestions? Anywhere I should go?

hold down delete button at startup and go to bios, try to select the boot partition usually labeled UEFI.

Thank you, Gigamaxx. It was booting from my boot drive, that's where it was getting Clover. I ended up just booting into the Mohave installer from my bootable USB and reinstalling Mohave. That seems to have gotten things running. I'll try installing Catlina later. I heard from one place that, when installing Catalina, I should keep booting from the Data drive Clover shows until it doesn't show anymore. I hadn't heard that before; next time, I'll try it.

Thank you, Gigamaxx. It was booting from my boot drive, that's where it was getting Clover. I ended up just booting into the Mohave installer from my bootable USB and reinstalling Mohave. That seems to have gotten things running. I'll try installing Catlina later. I heard from one place that, when installing Catalina, I should keep booting from the Data drive Clover shows until it doesn't show anymore. I hadn't heard that before; next time, I'll try it.

If you can get a new disk drive or SSD and keep your Mojave intact. Install to the new drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back