Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have two drives on my Desktop machine, one has a successful installation of Mohave, the other has a new installation of Catalina.. If I select the Catalina Drive as my boot drive it gets to the apple boot screen and hangs up.. If I select my Mohave Drive to boot from and switch to the Catalina Drive in the clover boot screen it's boots fine and Catalina works properly. When I boot the Mohave Drive I see white text scrolling down the screen before the clover boot screen comes on. when I boot the Catalina Drive I don't get the scroll of white text, it just goes right into the clover boot screen. I think whatever I need, whatever is missing has something to do with that scroll of white text that comes before the clover boot screen. How can I fix this?

I should also say that the disk with Catalina on it is a disk that I had a bootable clone of my Mojave drive on. I updated that with the Catalina app from the app store.

I should mention another thing, I've got Catalina on a Samsung EVO 970 Plus NVME SSD in an m2 slot updated to the latest firmware in Windows with the Samsung magician software.

Last edited:
This is what I need. This little bit of text pops up on the screen right after the gigabyte logo. When booting up. But it is absent on the drive that has Catalina. If I boot up my Mohave Drive and then switch to the Catalina Drive when I get to the clover window it boots up. How do I get this back into the boot sequence?

boot_text.png

Use ApfsDriverLoader.efi instead of apfs.efi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back