CPU
i5-9600KF
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone. I'm getting stuck to install macOS Catalina on my system and would need help to at least reach the installer for macOS since I don't even am able to go that far.

My Specs:
MSI Z390-A-Pro
Intel I5-9600KF
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

I followed the instruction like this:
  • disable SIP at my mac Mini
  • create Bootstick with Unibeast (no graphics configuration checked, UEFI Mode)
  • Load Optimized Defaults on my MSI Mainboard
  • Disable CFG-Lock
  • Make sure VT-D is disabled
  • Disabled Secure and Fast Boot
  • Set BIOS Mode from LEGACY+UEFI to UEFI
  • Plug in the created Stick in the USB 2.0 Port of my new PC
  • Choose Stick as Boot-Device.

Then Clover loads and when I want to start the Installer it got stuck with this:

IMG_20200423_094644.jpg

Attached I have my EFI-Folder of the bootstick. Could please someone help me out here so that the installer will load? I also tried different Configurations with Clover Configurator by updating the kexts which came with Unibeast that leaded to a Hang up at SMCSUPER IO - and I also tried a config.plist I found in another thread here regarding this mainboard but with an i5-8400 - this config.plist got me with a lot of errors through the booting but than I got stucked with a black screen.

This is why I decided I don't want to bother you with this other things I tried but present you only the fresh vanilla settings like they came with the original unibeast pre-configuration which I think just need to be changed in certain config ways to make it work but sadly I'm new to this so changing config settings in Clover Configurator I'm not able myself I wouldn't know which key I should change with which value, which driver to chose etc.

I hope someone can help me out here I saw that may other got this mainboard to run well with macOS that's why I choosed it.

Many thanks and regards

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 334
Try adding agdpmod=pikera to your boot arguments.

Thanks for the quick answer.
I just added it via Clover Configurator but sadly same result when I try to load the installer:

IMG_20200423_131007.jpg

Ok meanwhile I got it woring (writing right now from my new Hackintosh, transfered my System with Carbon Copy Cloner, everything works smoothly).

For others who might also want to get startet with MSI Z390 A Pro and a Coffee Lake Intel Processor, here is what did the trick with Clover Configurator:

• Remove the pre-installed kexts which came with Unibeast
  • Reinstall them with the download functionality of Clover Configurator
  • Adjust the Clover-Settings with these information on how to set up Vanilla Clover for Coffee Lake: Link

I attached my EFI-Folder which is working perfect for me now. If you wanna use it make sure you start always with verbose mode - i didn't include -v as bootflag since I only used verbose until everything went well so I prefered to always choose verbose mode from the space Clover Menu.

Also after Install just get and open Clover Configurator, mount the EFI Partition of your noch hackintosh and add the EFI-Folder from your bootstick also there to make the new system boot on it's own and you are good to go.

Regards

BOfH

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 574
Hi BOFH85

That worked for me, so thank you very much. Just need to sort out the USB3 ports and take a view on whether I want to use the internal graphics or not.

Regards

Clydesdaly

Hey @bofh85 I'm Running Catastrofina 10.15.5 I have the msi z390 meg ACE (WIFI) + i7 8700k + Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+
With your EFI everything it's working. Except for the sleeping and the Wifi wish I removed.
Thank You for Your Help !!!

Hey @bofh85 I'm Running Catastrofina 10.15.5 I have the msi z390 meg ACE (WIFI) + i7 8700k + Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+
With your EFI everything it's working. Except for the sleeping and the Wifi wish I removed.
Thank You for Your Help !!!
Correction: touch Power button wakes up my Hackintosh !!!

Has anyone had the courage to try the IGPU. I started with the guide on this site, but the hackintool seems never to show a red line for any of my monitors. There does seem to be a particular issues with Catalina 10.15.5. I don't really need it but if anyone had got it working it would tempt me to put in a bit of effort to get it working,

Has anyone had the courage to try the IGPU. I started with the guide on this site, but the hackintool seems never to show a red line for any of my monitors. There does seem to be a particular issues with Catalina 10.15.5. I don't really need it but if anyone had got it working it would tempt me to put in a bit of effort to get it working,
I too have been having issues getting my IGPU (Intel UHD Graphics 630) to work on Catalina 10.15.5. I've seen a guy with my exact build get Catalina 10.15.3 to work recently, so I'm currently giving that version a try and see if it works and I'll share my configs and any help I can give if I manage to pull it off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back