Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
CFG in BIOS is unlocked
I am using the latest Clover 5118
I used your last published EFI folder.
In the end I tried all EFI folders from this chat.
Unfortunately, I don't have that much idea that I can create my own EFI folder.
Ok - Let me see if I understand your situation, You've tried various EFI Folders including mine you found posted and still found difficulty.
You do realize when changing from EFI to EFI you need to clean the NVRAM to remove settings of the previous.
The EFI Folders I posted are all or mostly for OpenCore, I asked you to post your EFI Folder so that I or any one can look and offer the help you seek but that choice is entirely yours.

You do realize when changing from EFI to EFI you need to clean the NVRAM to remove settings of the previous.
Sorry I didn't know that!
I am also sending the EFI folder
I'm just swapping the EFI folder on the boot stick
Ich dachte das wäre genug

Can you tell me the easiest way to erase the NVRAM?
It doesn't seem to work with F11 in the Clover menu

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Sorry I didn't know that!
I am also sending the EFI folder
I'm just swapping the EFI folder on the boot stick
I thought that was enough
Yes cleaning the NVRAM is a big help to remove remnant settings from the memory.
This attached folder is OpenCore I suggest you try it on a test USB Drive.
1. Attache the USB drive to a port and boot off it by hitting the F12 key.
2. At the Boot Menu hit the Spacebar and choose Clean EFI NVRAM and then choose NVRAM which will induce a reboot.
3. At the reboot, again hit the F12 key and choose your Operating System, if successful, when you reach the Desktop copy the EFI Folder from the USB Drive to your main Drive.
4. You will need to fill in your own data to the config.plist i.e S/N, MLB, ROM and SmUUID.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 82
Thanks for your work
Are there any other ways that NVRAM can erase?
It doesn't show up in the menu and F11 doesn't work either

F11 doesn't work either
At the OpenCore menu press the Spacebar to bring up more options which includes cleaning NVRAM, move the arrow cursor onto Clean NVRAM then press Enter. I did not mention anything about F11.
You need to to press F12 after the initial beep at boot up to boot off the USB Drive.

Did you update Clover to the latest version which is 5107 - for some reason on some machines OS X 15.4 will not update unless running latest Clover version. I will attach my working EFI for 15.4 but must warn you that it is configured for the latest Gigabyte Aorus Pro wifi BIOS which is ver 12c. All my ports are mapped as specified and working as should, you can try it if you want but you should try it on a spare USB Drive just incase things don't work out. Good luck.
Thanks so much for sharing this! Just wanted to let you know that, along with your recommended BIOS settings, this EFI works successfully with BIOS v F11, and booting into 10.15.7 with Clover 5119. I just used this to "fix" a few issue with my other half's music production computer...specifically getting his USB ports to all work at the correct speed. Plus also getting the Alpine Ridge card that I just put into the machine to work.

Bravo & thanks again!!
--B

Yes cleaning the NVRAM is a big help to remove remnant settings from the memory.
This attached folder is OpenCore I suggest you try it on a test USB Drive.
1. Attache the USB drive to a port and boot off it by hitting the F12 key.
2. At the Boot Menu hit the Spacebar and choose Clean EFI NVRAM and then choose NVRAM which will induce a reboot.
3. At the reboot, again hit the F12 key and choose your Operating System, if successful, when you reach the Desktop copy the EFI Folder from the USB Drive to your main Drive.
4. You will need to fill in your own data to the config.plist i.e S/N, MLB, ROM and SmUUID.
Just curious... which version of OC is used in your attached EFI? 0.6.4?

No option can delete the NVRAM?
It is not shown in the menu
Hang in the same place as your EFI folder
Can you make the boat visible?
To see where the error is?

Attachments

• IMG_5335.JPG
    IMG_5335.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 49
No option can delete the NVRAM?
It is not shown in the menu
Hang in the same place as your EFI folder
Can you make the boat visible?
To see where the error is?
Well my friend all I can say at this point it seems you're among the very few if any that is having a problem with the EFI files I have posted. From the posted pic above this one I see a Clover Icon so my conclusion is it seems you maybe mixing my OC EFI Folder with Clover which will not work as the two are completely different.

What is baffling me is this, you have the same board, GPU and CPU albeit a slightly higher spec, you should have no problems what so ever to run or clean install Catalina or BS with the OC EFI Folder I posted. The Folder contains all that you will need, even little nuances like the ability to Hot Plug Drives, Boot Chime at Startup plus properly mapped USB ports.
Providing you followed the procedure to setup your BIOS correctly, OS X setup should not be this problematic.

As I have advised, if you're already running Catalina or BS with Clover and want to convert to OC, first you must clean/delete every aspect of Clover from your system before booting with OC. This step is documented in the 'Dortania OpenCore Install Guide' which I recommend you should read because at this stage going forward I cannot help any further sorry and Good luck.

PS - I know in your present situation this will not help much but here is proof of what I'm running with my OC Folder with complete ease. The Catalina Icon is orange and correctly depicted as an external drive because it is Hot Plugged.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.34.53.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-31 at 12.34.53.png
    64.9 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back