Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been very helpful, thank you!
I was able to boot into, install, and setup Catalina 10.15.7.
All USB ports work, GPU, wifi/bluetooth, airdrop, handoff.
The only problem is the sound. Running Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi with AC1220 chipset. The only sound that works through the monitor's speakers via HDMI 2.0.
Attached is the Sound panel and my config.plist.
Any help would be appreciated!
Glad you got it up and running, I had a looked at you config.plist and didn't see much wrong with your Audio config but to be honest I haven't used Clover for a very long time which I suspect you're using and I am a but rusty on that boot loader. Try injecting a different value in Devices/Audio/Inject, I see you have the value of '7' which is ok on some systems but others has the value of '1' in some cases.

I've been using OC for quite a while which in my opinion is far more efficient as a boot loader and this is an example of my Audio Settings. A thought just came into my head, my monitor is connected through the Display port (DVI) oppose to the HDMI so that may have a bearing on how your sound is delivered but you should go ahead and try changing the injected value from '7' to '1' first before doing anything else and see/hear the result. Don't forget to clean your NVRAM after the change and then reboot. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 09.06.12.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-28 at 09.06.12.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 54
This has been very helpful, thank you!
I was able to boot into, install, and setup Catalina 10.15.7.
All USB ports work, GPU, wifi/bluetooth, airdrop, handoff.
The only problem is the sound. Running Aorus Z390 Pro Wifi with AC1220 chipset. The only sound that works through the monitor's speakers via HDMI 2.0.
Attached is the Sound panel and my config.plist.
Any help would be appreciated!
Here is my Clover EFI that works 100% for Catalina 10.15.7 with a saphire RX580 video card and i3 9100 cpu, I got it from @esafeddie a while back and just updated things as needed. Good Luck!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 96
Glad you got it up and running, I had a looked at you config.plist and didn't see much wrong with your Audio config but to be honest I haven't used Clover for a very long time which I suspect you're using and I am a but rusty on that boot loader. Try injecting a different value in Devices/Audio/Inject, I see you have the value of '7' which is ok on some systems but others has the value of '1' in some cases.

I've been using OC for quite a while which in my opinion is far more efficient as a boot loader and this is an example of my Audio Settings. A thought just came into my head, my monitor is connected through the Display port (DVI) oppose to the HDMI so that may have a bearing on how your sound is delivered but you should go ahead and try changing the injected value from '7' to '1' first before doing anything else and see/hear the result. Don't forget to clean your NVRAM after the change and then reboot. Good luck.
Go figure, I changed the devices back to 11 from 7, cleared NVRAM and the sound is working! Sweet! Appreciate all your help!

Here is my Clover EFI that works 100% for Catalina 10.15.7 with a saphire RX580 video card and i3 9100 cpu, I got it from @esafeddie a while back and just updated things as needed. Good Luck!

What version of clover you're using for that config if I may ask? thanks for sharing!

What version of clover you're using for that config if I may ask? thanks for sharing!
Its an Old one , 5107 but everything works. Handoff, iMessage, sleep, Apple TV and sidecar!

Last edited:
Hi there
For me, Apple Logo loads until halfway through then.
Can someone help me which EFI folder I can
to take.

Can someone tell me which EFI I can use so that I can install Catalina.
Bios version 12j and BIOS setting as posted by esafeddie.

Can someone tell me which EFI I can use so that I can install Catalina.
Bios version 12j and BIOS setting as posted by esafeddie.
Hi - Did you unlock the CFG in the BIOS as the config.plist must reflect this setting whether locked or unlocked. Also if you like, zip your EFI Folder and post it I will take a look for you as I have a some time on my hands today. :)
I am no longer familiar with Clover as I left it behind for OpenCore. but will do my best to assist you in any way I can.

CFG in BIOS is unlocked
I am using the latest Clover 5118
I used your last published EFI folder.
In the end I tried all EFI folders from this chat.
Unfortunately, I don't have that much idea that I can create my own EFI folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back