Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi esafeddie,

I used your EFI for my Hackintosh build and did a fresh install, everything went fine, but now when I boot through the SSD the screen goes blank, but I see the keyboard is still responsive. It seems there is some issue with my graphics settings/config.plist
I am on bios version f12c.

Can you or someone please help. I am attaching my EFI folder here.

Are all the kext up to date also insure you're doing the install with Clover's latest version, meanwhile I will have a look at your EFI Folder to see if ant improvements can be made.

@ trivalent

If the board in your details is the one you're having the problem with, then there is not much I can comment on. Albeit it is the same chipset, my board is a Gigabyte and I am not familiar with Asus boards. Maybe it just needs a slight tweak or patch to get the graphics card working. I can't see anything amiss within the EFI Folder but like I said it is more for the Gigabyte z390 Aorus pro wi/fi. Have a look around the Forums for similar specs on your particular board and see what settings are needed to fix the graphics issue. Good luck.

@ trivalent

If the board in your details is the one you're having the problem with, then there is not much I can comment on. Albeit it is the same chipset, my board is a Gigabyte and I am not familiar with Asus boards. Maybe it just needs a slight tweak or patch to get the graphics card working. I can't see anything amiss within the EFI Folder but like I said it is more for the Gigabyte z390 Aorus pro wi/fi. Have a look around the Forums for similar specs on your particular board and see what settings are needed to fix the graphics issue. Good luck.
No issues. Thanks a lot for your help. Let me see if I can find anything to make it work.

@ trivalent

Hi @esafeddie

I have a query, can you enlighten me why the EFI folder you provided works while installing the Mac and works flawlessly on GPU? Any resources you can point me for further study and research will be a lot of help!

And I really apologize for my mistake. The mobo is Gigabyte only. I have corrected the signature.

The Gigabyte z390 pro for some reason is more hack friendly than the pro wi/fi. It took a lot of research and sourcing help from knowledgeable people to get my setup running just right. You have to know although two boards may have the same specifications, there will always be a slight difference between the two.

Yes the same EFI Folder will get you up and running but you should conduct some tests on the machine to insure everything is right with the components you have. For instance, when I compile my SSDTs' or DSDT's I would send the entire folder to a couple of known knowledgeable people to give the Folder a once over (over kill I know) to give me peace of mind plus they will not just fix the flaws but point out where I went wrong, that way I learn as well.

Since I cobbled this rig together, it is running as solid and as near as you can get to a real Mac - dual booting with Win10 pro, has access to all Apple Services, watch movies no problem.
All I can say is get to know and understand the process, do as much research as you can, you'll be surprise by how many tips you can pick up by just reading related posts in the Forums even from the ones that are having a problem because someone will offer a tip or a solution.

At the moment I am testing the usability of Open Core, which is reported to handle the kernel as Mac intended, because I feel just as Clover, which is a solid platform and will service Hacks for many moons more, will be overtaken by OC as Clover overtook Chameleon. It is a very steep learning curve with sometimes hard to understand documentation but I intend to immerse my self to reading and testing for the inevitable.
Sorry for the long winded explanation but research is the key. Good luck.

The only difference between the 2 is the Wifi module, if you use the newer recommended USB mapping tools on OC guide even the Pro non Wifi has a ITE device attached to USB ports that are used on the WiFi version - maybe its the RGB controller

The only difference between the 2 is the Wifi module, if you use the newer recommended USB mapping tools on OC guide even the Pro non Wifi has a ITE device attached to USB ports that are used on the WiFi version - maybe its the RGB controller

True - but wouldn't it be possible that two cars built on the same day with the same specs one would have even a slight performance difference over the other. I didn't say the EFI Folder I posted wouldn't work for him, as a matter of fact I'm quite happy that it helped him to get started. I am quite familiar with how over whelming and frustrating building and installing your first Hack can be, seriously different from an off the rack Windows machine.

Heck I remember building my EX58 and installing Snow Leopard, man I had more crashes than Ayrton Senna :lol: but it was all a learning curve and so my advice was, although using a readymade EFI Folder is all good and well, get to know the system and understand the process which will stand him in good stead incase of future problems, updates, upgrades, new builds etc etc.

Just stating difference between Z390 Auros Pro and Z390 Auros Pro WiFi per Gigabyte

not performance between two of the same boards which will not be significant statistically

Yes the premise of your thinking is not far wrong, but my advice and thinking is based on the one RehabMan advocated time and time again. SSDTs' and DSDTs' should be compiled on the rig it is intended for opposed to ones farmed from the net, so with my limited Knowledge I've stuck with that rule. :)

But every man to his own :angel:

I only use four ssdt no patches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back