Contribute
Register

Catalina install on Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Z390 I pro wifi board.
same issue. 10.15.4 update failed with not allowed sign.
same for new fresh 10.15.4 usb installation.
don't know why.
10.15.3 works 100%

@ esafeddie Thanks! could you upload a working EFI for 15.4, I used previous one you uploaded and it worked great for 15.3 but I tried update and it didn't go so well

Did you update Clover to the latest version which is 5107 - for some reason on some machines OS X 15.4 will not update unless running latest Clover version. I will attach my working EFI for 15.4 but must warn you that it is configured for the latest Gigabyte Aorus Pro wifi BIOS which is ver 12c. All my ports are mapped as specified and working as should, you can try it if you want but you should try it on a spare USB Drive just incase things don't work out. Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16 MB · Views: 336
Did you update Clover to the latest version which is 5107 - for some reason on some machines OS X 15.4 will not update unless running latest Clover version. I will attach my working EFI for 15.4 but must warn you that it is configured for the latest Gigabyte Aorus Pro wifi BIOS which is ver 12c. All my ports are mapped as specified and working as should, you can try it if you want but you should try it on a spare USB Drive just incase things don't work out. Good luck.
I am using the Saphire Pulse RX580 for graphics on bios F10 Aorus Pro WIFI , when updating after first restart near end of progress bar reaching the end ,screen would turn off, and computer stayed on but no screen output. I will try this out later today. Thanks so mucH!

Ok if that one doesn't work out try this one which is formulated for BIOS ver: F10
Eddie thanks for everything. The F10 EFI wouldn't finish the 15.4 update from 15.3 , So I updated Bios to 12c, set my Bios settings to the ones you listed, used your Bios 12C EFI folder just copied my serial numbers over in SMBIOS with clover config and it went flawless, I have the Fenvi T919 wifi bluetooth card and everything is working, wifi, bluetooth, handoff, sidecar. Thanks again!

Eddie thanks for everything. The F10 EFI wouldn't finish the 15.4 update from 15.3 , So I updated Bios to 12c, set my Bios settings to the ones you listed, used your Bios 12C EFI folder just copied my serial numbers over in SMBIOS with clover config and it went flawless, I have the Fenvi T919 wifi bluetooth card and everything is working, wifi, bluetooth, handoff, sidecar. Thanks again!

Glad I could help - Enjoy :thumbup:

Thanks, Eddie! After fighting the upgrade from 15.3 to 15.4 for a couple of days, I found this thread. Following your advice, I upgraded my bios to 12c and used your EFI. Complete success! And to my amazement, sidecar even works. I have no idea how you came up with your config.plist, but am grateful for your handiwork and sharing.

Thanks, Eddie! After fighting the upgrade from 15.3 to 15.4 for a couple of days, I found this thread. Following your advice, I upgraded my bios to 12c and used your EFI. Complete success! And to my amazement, sidecar even works. I have no idea how you came up with your config.plist, but am grateful for your handiwork and sharing.

Always happy to help out a fellow member and to hear another success story. Remember to keep a backup of your working system incase of any future fails, plus keep your kexts updated - Enjoy your Hack my friend :headbang:

Hi esafeddie,

I used your EFI for my Hackintosh build and did a fresh install, everything went fine, but now when I boot through the SSD the screen goes blank, but I see the keyboard is still responsive. It seems there is some issue with my graphics settings/config.plist
I am on bios version f12c.

Can you or someone please help. I am attaching my EFI folder here.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    15.5 MB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back