CPU
Intel Core i9
Graphics
Radeon RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, All. I have been trying for the past few days to build a hackintosh with Catalina but have been receiving various issues.
I am able to get to the unibeast installer and run install macOS in verbose mode. But, then it goes to kernel panic or goes
to a screen where the text is mangled with a stop symbol in the middle. I never get past STEP 4: Install macOS Catalina #5
I am using a Intel Core i9 9900k, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi (https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX74024), no dedicated GPU
Also, here is a link too the various config.plist that I have tried. Would appreciate some help in getting this working, please.

thanks @esafeddie I created the USB with Unibeast and replace the EFI with what you gave me. I see it boots and the installations goes through to the apple logo. The bar loads to around half way then the monitor goes black (no signal). But the machine didn't reboot. I am not sure what is going on here, if some thing is actually happening or not. I will leave it for a while and see what happens.

Hey @dondragon2 so I have the same MoBo and Catalina installed without any issues, give a try to this EFI (that's what i use at the moment) you might be able to boot with it as well.

I don't know if you use iGPU or something else (I use Vega 64) but it should work anyway I think.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 654
Try this EFI Folder on your USB Installer, you should reach the desktop if you setup your BIOS the correct way.

Hi @esafeddie thank you so much for sharing your EFI folder I used it but unfortunately I am ending in the same situation like @dondragon2 the installation stops, usually on 6 minutes remaining and did tried already many times with no success. I am using a Intel Core i9 9900k, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi, Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT. Any advise or EFI folder for it would be much appreciated. btw the BIOS version is F11, I got the computer few days ago and been trying since then.

Hi @esafeddie thank you so much for sharing your EFI folder I used it but unfortunately I am ending in the same situation like @dondragon2 the installation stops, usually on 6 minutes remaining and did tried already many times with no success. I am using a Intel Core i9 9900k, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi, Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ RX 5700 XT. Any advise or EFI folder for it would be much appreciated. btw the BIOS version is F11, I got the computer few days ago and been trying since then.

Have another look at your BIOS settings, it is important that they are correct to enable OS X installation. I have made some slight alterations to the EFI Folder for you to try. Good luck

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 548
Hey batvenzo, would you be so kind to share your EFI...I have the exact same Hardware
Did you install 10.15.2 or .3 ?
Thanx

Hi @808-2020 attached is my EFI folder, I further disabled USB for the onboard Bluetooth card with the boot flag uia_exclude=HS14 in the boot menu, since I installed BCM94360CS2 card and it works perfect. Also have thunderbolt Titan Ridge card that works, have not modified anything for it, it does not appear as thunderbolt device but as PCI card but what's important is that my Universal Audio Arrow TB3 works directly booting in Mac OS. I installed directly 10.15.3. Also since I was changing so many options on the MB I end up resetting the CMOS on it and then again modified the MB settings as described from other guys here in the forum. Hope it works for you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 672
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back