Contribute
Register

Catalina Install: Can't even get to BIOS/UEFI Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 UD
CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi.

I'm installing Catalina onto a Gigabyte Z490 UD (Socket LGA 1200) DDR4 ATX with Intel Core i7-10700K 3.80GHz LGA1200 but no video card as yet. I've made the Unibeast usb stick and everything looks ready to go but I don't even get to the BIOS screen when holding down 'del', the fans spin up and there is power to the MB and the monitor is connected via HDMI to the on board graphics output. Only my 3rd Hackintosh so any help would be appreciated. All new components and the monitor works.

Thanks

Did you try the on board video output? does it work with the graphics card removed? did you try resetting the CMOS with the jumper or by removing the coil cell battery?

Hi.

I'm installing Catalina onto a Gigabyte Z490 UD (Socket LGA 1200) DDR4 ATX with Intel Core i7-10700K 3.80GHz LGA1200 but no video card as yet. I've made the Unibeast usb stick and everything looks ready to go but I don't even get to the BIOS screen when holding down 'del', the fans spin up and there is power to the MB and the monitor is connected via HDMI to the on board graphics output. Only my 3rd Hackintosh so any help would be appreciated. All new components and the monitor works.

Thanks
Something is wrong with the hardware if you can't even access the BIOS setup. Check carefully that all components are correctly installed and all cables are correctly connected.

By the way, the USB stick created by using Unibeast Catalina won't be able to boot Catalina on your system, as the version of Clover on the stick does not work with Intel 10th generation CPUs and 400 series motherboards. You may need to switch to OpenCore as bootloader.

By the way, the USB stick created by using Unibeast Catalina won't be able to boot Catalina on your system, as the version of Clover on the stick does not work with Intel 10th generation CPUs and 400 series motherboards. You may need to switch to OpenCore as bootloader.
I have just found that out...I've found this on here, is it what I should be looking at? Total noob, btw...

Does anyone here have any idea roughly when Clover might support 10th gen CPUs?
Clover versions 5124 and later incorporates elements of OpenCore and should be able to work with 10th generation Intel CPUs. However, the version of Clover included with Unibeast Catalina is 5119, which unfortunately does not support 10th generation Intel CPUs.

Catalina itself does support 10th generation Intel CPUs, but you will either have to switch to OpenCore or upgrade to Clover 5124 and later on your Catalina USB stick in order to use it to install Catalina on your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back