Contribute
Register

Catalina erroring to macOS could not be installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well I just ordered another of the same model. Did you say the odds are that I will get one with a 1, right?

Should I contact them and ask? What should I ask? I'm not sure how to describe this problem. Thanks

Last edited:
What should I ask? I'm not sure how to describe this problem.
Ask them to take the panel off and see what number is there. If it's 1 then it's good to go. 3 or 6 and you don't want it. Tell them you need to have vPro working for your business or just for remote management. They'll understand that, I think.

You could attach this pic to the email to help them know what to look for.

IMG_20220702_080116683.jpg

Ok, thank you so much!

Alright! It's booting and I even installed it but now after the first reboot it is not booting to catalina. It keeps wanting to go back to windows installation even without a usb installer in there. - I have not yet done those hidden bios yet, I'm afraid to. O.O

EDIT: I can boot to it using the usb drive I installed it with but the option is not there and it doesnt auto boot. I actually don't need any other OS but this.

Last edited:
Alright! It's booting and I even installed it but now after the first reboot it is not booting to catalina. It keeps wanting to go back to windows installation even without a usb installer in there. - I have not yet done those hidden bios yet, I'm afraid to. O.O

EDIT: I can boot to it using the usb drive I installed it with but the option is not there and it doesnt auto boot. I actually don't need any other OS but this.
not much we can do if you are too afraid....

Not really afraid just did not see that I had to do this on dortania which seems to be the bible of this. but here they are, from the optimac guide:

Changing the Dell OptiPlex Hidden BIOS/UEFI Settings (Only use for the 7020/9020 USFF/SFF/MT)

1. Unlock CFG
2. Increase DVMT Pre-Allocation to 64MB

setup_var 0xDA2 0x0

and there are 5 others

I mean it installed fine so idk

Not really afraid just did not see that I had to do this on dortania which seems to be the bible of this. but here they are, from the optimac guide:

Changing the Dell OptiPlex Hidden BIOS/UEFI Settings (Only use for the 7020/9020 USFF/SFF/MT)

1. Unlock CFG
2. Increase DVMT Pre-Allocation to 64MB

setup_var 0xDA2 0x0

and there are 5 others

I mean it installed fine so idk
1. a setting can be used in your config.plist to sort out CFG lock
2. frame buffer patches can be used to sort out DVMT

best to do the setup var though, cleaner all round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back