Contribute
Register

Catalina (Clover) to Monterey Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright! We finally booted! Yay!

Now what's next? Can I just update to Monterey as a regular Mac? Anything I should check beforehand?
Thank you so much @Feartech !!!!
if it now boots with opencore (well done!)

you can now mount the EFI on your hard drive, make a backup of that EFI (move the entire folder to your documents folder)

mount EFI from USB and copy that EFI folder to the EFI partition on hard drive

reboot, reset nvram and opencore boot picker and boot into macOS

then you should be able to upgrade via System Preferences or go to the AppStore and find and get Monterey

if it now boots with opencore (well done!)

you can now mount the EFI on your hard drive, make a backup of that EFI (move the entire folder to your documents folder)

mount EFI from USB and copy that EFI folder to the EFI partition on hard drive

reboot, reset nvram and opencore boot picker and boot into macOS

then you should be able to upgrade via System Preferences or go to the AppStore and find and get Monterey
Awesome. Let’s attempt! Fingers crossed !!!

@Feartech currently installing and at “less than a minute remaining” since way more than a minute.. should I be worried?

may need a little patience
Ok so... Installation looks like its finished. The Mac boots (veeeeeery slowly), as soon as the passwords screen comes up I input the password, then I see the desktop for a second, then instantly it reboots... (no errors, no nothing, just reboots and then takes 6min to startup again) :evil:

Edit: tried to reboot again and input password, not frozen completely after pressing "enter"...
Edit2: the slow boot may be due to the NVME drive im using.. Samsung 970

Last edited:
I am now trying to add AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext as I read on other posts that without this kext the Hack might crash at startup with Monterey 12.3

I am now trying to add AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext as I read on other posts that without this kext the Hack might crash at startup with Monterey 12.3
Yes, I concur, adding that kext back to your EFI will allow 12.3 to boot.

One more issue.. Looks like Ethernet is not working. I assume because I had remove the IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

I'll try to add it back. Can it be that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back