Contribute
Register

Catalina (Clover) to Monterey Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would suggest in config.plist/Security setting "SecureBootModel" temporarily to "Disabled" (no quotes).

Have not looked at the whole EFI folder, but the names of the ACPI documents in config.plist/ACPI/Add do not seem to match those in the OpenCore version indicated by the existence of config.plist/Serial, which looks like this is from OpenCore version 0.8.0. The ACPI documents should be from this OpenCore release, not some earlier version.

should be enabled:
DisableIoMapper (unless you have disabled VT-D in bios)

may also be worth setting: SecureBootModel to Disabled

may also be worth enabling Intel Graphics

and set AAPL,ig-platform-id to 03001259

don't forget to reset nvram when you make any changes to your EFI/config.plist
Reset the NVRAM and did the steps you listed, still same issue - verbose then black screen.. I'm plagued!

Would suggest in config.plist/Security setting "SecureBootModel" temporarily to "Disabled" (no quotes).

Have not looked at the whole EFI folder, but the names of the ACPI documents in config.plist/ACPI/Add do not seem to match those in the OpenCore version indicated by the existence of config.plist/Serial, which looks like this is from OpenCore version 0.8.0. The ACPI documents should be from this OpenCore release, not some earlier version.
I downloaded the sample.plist as said in the guide. Did I make a mistake there?

I downloaded the sample.plist as said in the guide. Did I make a mistake there?
The sample.plist looks like it is from OpenCore version 0.8.0, since I saw the "Serial" item listed. That's fine, but if you did use it, your entire EFI folder should also be from OpenCore version 0.8.0, or at least its ACPI "docs" should be. Also you should have used the latest versions of kexts Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, IntelMausi, VirtualSMC, etc. If you didn't, that could have caused problems.

The sample.plist looks like it is from OpenCore version 0.8.0, since I saw the "Serial" item listed. That's fine, but if you did use it, your entire EFI folder should also be from OpenCore version 0.8.0, or at least its ACPI "docs" should be. Also you should have used the latest versions of kexts Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, IntelMausi, VirtualSMC, etc. If you didn't, that could have caused problems.
I used all the latest versions of the kexts - as for the ACPI docs, are mine wrong? I just tried to follow the guide which looked pretty easy, but maybe I made a mistake somewhere..

I used all the latest versions of the kexts - as for the ACPI docs, are mine wrong? I just tried to follow the guide which looked pretty easy, but maybe I made a mistake somewhere..
can you upload your working clover folder

also in terminal:
sudo kextcache -i /

and copy paste the results here

can you upload your working clover folder

also in terminal:
sudo kextcache -i /

and copy paste the results here
See below: Thank you so much Feartech!!

kextcache -i /

kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /Library/Extensions /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8b61e02aa0 [0x7fff8b2f4690]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }

KernelCache ID: AC90CD069CAEA165330599DDC60CF52D

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe2c2701780 [0x7fff8b2f4690]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }

Attachments

• Clover-EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 60
See below: Thank you so much Feartech!!

kextcache -i /

kextcache -arch x86_64 -local-root -all-loaded -kernel /System/Library/Kernels/kernel -prelinked-kernel /Library/Apple/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel -volume-root / /Library/Extensions /AppleInternal/Library/Extensions /Library/Apple/System/Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7f8b61e02aa0 [0x7fff8b2f4690]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }

KernelCache ID: AC90CD069CAEA165330599DDC60CF52D

Kext with invalid signature (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fe2c2701780 [0x7fff8b2f4690]> { URL = "file:///Library/Extensions/IntelMausiEthernet.kext/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
IntelMausiEthernet.kext should be removed from /L/E

then re run:
sudo kextcache -i /

you have nothing in there obviously different ie device properties etc

oh wait, the boot-arg should be agdpmod=pikera
you spelt it wrong in your config.plist!

then re run:
sudo kextcache -i /

must be that misspell... >_< Let me try once again!

then re run:
sudo kextcache -i /

Alright! We finally booted! Yay!

Now what's next? Can I just update to Monterey as a regular Mac? Anything I should check beforehand?
Thank you so much @Feartech !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back