i7-7500U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
TL/DR: Under Catalina I cannot get the Connector Type patch to define each of the laptop video outputs to work. As a result, the HDMI port has sleep/wake problems. With same config.plist, dual-booting Mojave, it works flawlessly and the patch is applied.

I have installed a fresh catalina on another HD, so one HD has my "production" install with Mojave, and the new one a fresh Catalina where i will be moving stuff calmly.

I use the same clover for booting one or another, having stored Catalina KEXTS in Clover/kextx/10.15/... and Mojave on /10.14 + Mojave L/E. Extensions are exactly the same, only there is an updated BcrmPatch3 specific for Catalina.

So the attached config.plist is common for both systems, it works flawlessly on Mojave, so I thought it should work well on Catalina.

The part that is not applied, under DeviceProperties of the Graphics Card, is the following:

<key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
<data>AAgAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
<data>AQAAAA==</data>
<key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
<data>EAAAAA==</data>

I got those values following the guide in this forum and HackinTool.

- Under Mojave, the patch is applied and the connectors report the right type. The HDMI port works Ok.

1594810491718.png

- When I boot Catalina, one or both connectors report the wrong type "DisplayPort", but the HDMI port does not awake properly

Why can this be happening?

Attachments

• config.plist
    16.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back