Contribute
Register

Catalina Audio z270 (Gigabyte Gaming 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can download AppleALC again. Strange that CC is working now.

As far as CC was concerned, I noticed in the Finder that all the kexts in Other were marked as "package" files, but that CC was not. So I assumed that there must be some attribute on the file that wasn't set properly. I re-downloaded/unzipped the file and then just dropped the result direct into Other. It showed up as a "package" file and then loaded successfully on next reboot.

You can try the second network port. The files may be corrupted when downloading.
Here is a Switcher.
Do you have a Thunderbolt device? I created an SSDT that enables the Thunderbolt driver, but cannot test it without a device.

Attachments

• ZxRiSwitcher.zip
    79.4 KB · Views: 59
Switcher works well.

Would an iPad pro count as a Thunderbolt device? I wondered about trying to get sidecar working with that via the USB-C port.

I don't have a thunderbolt drive or whatever.

Last edited:
I have no experience with sidecar, but I read somewhere that it only works with newer SMBios like iMac19,1. You can try this SSDT and see what happens. It should activate the NHI driver (as in the screenshot).
TBT.png

Attachments

• SSDT-Z270X-G9.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 57
Thanks. I'll try this. I was just going to try and update to 10.15.4. Apparently I should run the new catalina Multibeast first. Is that going to mess up our recent work with audio? What do I need to do to make sure it doesn't? Thanks!

Thanks. I'll try this. I was just going to try and update to 10.15.4. Apparently I should run the new catalina Multibeast first. Is that going to mess up our recent work with audio? What do I need to do to make sure it doesn't? Thanks!
Apple has changed something on XCPM (Kernel Power Management) You need to update Clover, or you can disable the MSR lock, but some shell commands are needed, but better for the future.
The update shouldn't affect audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back