Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 8
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
Onboard, Intel 630
I've upgraded successfully to Catalina. Audio didn't work initially, but I now have HDMI audio thanks to the post I'm linking here.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-audio-driver-broken.284655/post-2013669

I now have various audio devices listed in "Sound Preferences", but only the HDMI audio works, so nothing via Direct Outs, Headphones, etc. This was also the situation with Mojave, so the situation is no worse but I'm still hoping for a solution. Is there anything worth trying at this stage?

Hey @MusicHacker, you were probably annoyed with my requests for script outputs, but your work helped me fix this bitchy codec. There is a working kext in the CA0132 topic, but here is the 1.4.7 AppleALC. Try layout-id 7 or 8 and use a CodecCommander without CA0132 profile but the SSDT instead.

Attachments

• AppleALC-1.4.7-RELEASE.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • SSDT-ZxRi.aml.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 81
Absolutely not annoyed! Grateful for your support wern, and this excellent community.

I'll try these and come back to you. I might ask some basic questions about how to do it since its been a while since we last looked at this.

Thanks again.

Hey @MusicHacker, you were probably annoyed with my requests for script outputs, but your work helped me fix this bitchy codec. There is a working kext in the CA0132 topic, but here is the 1.4.7 AppleALC. Try layout-id 7 or 8 and use a CodecCommander without CA0132 profile but the SSDT instead.
Thanks for this Wern. I'm afraid its been a while. I can install this AppleALC with KextBeast, but can you remind me what I need to do with the SSDT file? Thanks.

Thanks for this Wern. I'm afraid its been a while. I can install this AppleALC with KextBeast, but can you remind me what I need to do with the SSDT file? Thanks.
No, as far as I know KextBeast installs kexts into the system. AppleALC can run from the Clover folder. Copy AppleALC, Lilu.kext to Clover/kexts/Other along with CodecCommander, the SSDT to Clover/ACPI/patched. Make sure CodecCommander or AppleALC is not installed in /L/E or /S/L/E

No, as far as I know KextBeast installs kexts into the system. AppleALC can run from the Clover folder. Copy AppleALC, Lilu.kext to Clover/kexts/Other along with CodecCommander, the SSDT to Clover/ACPI/patched. Make sure CodecCommander or AppleALC is not installed in /L/E or /S/L/E
Thanks. Does the same go for Lilu? I notice I have Lilu in /L/E.

I removed Lilu from /L/E so everything is now in Clover/kexts/Other only, as required, with the .aml in Clover/ACPI/patched.

I have HDMI sound and the menubar list of output devices now includes:

Digital Out
Headphones
Line Out
Line Out
DELL U2718Q

Selecting anything other than DELL (HDMI) gives me no output. I have been testing using headphones in both front and back headphone ports.

Perhaps there is another step?

I removed Lilu from /L/E so everything is now in Clover/kexts/Other only, as required, with the .aml in Clover/ACPI/patched.

I have HDMI sound and the menubar list of output devices now includes:

Digital Out
Headphones
Line Out
Line Out
DELL U2718Q

Selecting anything other than DELL (HDMI) gives me no output. I have been testing using headphones in both front and back headphone ports.

Perhaps there is another step?
Are you using layout-id 7 or 8? A registry dump could be useful.

Here it is wern. Thanks.
The layout-id is 4, which doesn't work with your codec. Change it to 7 or 8 and CodecCommander is not loaded.
BTW. The USB ports are not configured properly and some other things, but they don't affect the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back