i7 4770
Graphics
Intel
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am having issue.

I have Catalina running, and, when I got an update notification for 15.5.5, I ran the software update and went through the whole process. Clover rebooted and choose the correct entry for update. However, when I logged in, I still got a notification saying update 15.5.5 available which was weird.. So I went through the update again. This time the update was over in quick time, but, alas, I still got the update 15.5.5 available notification. So I left it at that. When 15.5.6 came out I got the notification, and I thought installing this update would fix it but no same problem.

I then tried to install the update by downloading the dmg, but I get an error saying this:

This package is incompatible with this version of macOS.

I cannot seem to find a solution. Any Help will be appreciated!

I am having issue.

I have Catalina running, and, when I got an update notification for 15.5.5, I ran the software update and went through the whole process. Clover rebooted and choose the correct entry for update. However, when I logged in, I still got a notification saying update 15.5.5 available which was weird.. So I went through the update again. This time the update was over in quick time, but, alas, I still got the update 15.5.5 available notification. So I left it at that. When 15.5.6 came out I got the notification, and I thought installing this update would fix it but no same problem.

I then tried to install the update by downloading the dmg, but I get an error saying this:

Try downloading the combo update.

also make sure your hard drive is using APFS file format
Yes, it is. I've been using Catalina with no issues. I had updated from High Sierra.

try MAS if failed 10.15.6 update or combo update

I am having issue.

You should try updating through System Preferences or with the combo update first as suggested above, but I suggest you do the following before trying again:

1) Clone your main drive using Carbon Copy Cloner, which you can try for a month for free. Boot into the clone to make sure you’re safe.

2) Download the latest OnyX for Catalina and run the full Maintenance section with default settings, then restart (which is automatic).

3) Now try updating using Software Update in System Preferences. It should work, but if not download the Combo update again and try using it.

4) If you’re still stuck, I suggest you make a new flash drive installer using the Terminal app.

A. Use this Apple procedure:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

B. Put a copy of your entire EFI folder from your main disk onto this flash drive by first formatting the flash drive properly:

C. By finding the proper designation of the flash drive using Terminal, with the following:

diskutil list

D. By formatting the flash drive with the following in Terminal — but use the disk number of your flash drive —Not the number “7” I use below:

diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk7 GPT JHFS+ "USB" 100%

E. Now open the EFI partition of your main disk and of your new flash drive with Clover Configurator and copy your EFI folder with its inner Clover folder to your flash drive, which will allow you to boot from this drive when you get to the Clover boot menu.

F. Using the links in the Apple Support document above, download the full current installer of Catalina - Get macOS Catalina - and then follow the directions under “Use the ‘createinstallmedia’ command in Terminal” to install the Catalina installer onto your flash drive. Then boot from your new flash drive from the Clover boot menu and use the installer as is without erasing/reformatting your main drive, of course. This should very properly update your disk leaving all your user content.

Hope this is useful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back