4. iBook
  5. iMac
  6. LC
  7. Performa
  8. Power Mac
  9. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated fine - EXCEPT NO AUDIO. Yes I did install the Apple ALC, Lilu and Whatevergreen updated kexts in the Clover/Other folder and they are not in either Extension folder. Tried going back to AppleALC version 1.4.8, but did not fix it either. Clover updated to 5118.

Did you put the following in your Boot Arguments? (you might want to change the 1 to your audio chipset layout-id)

Code:
alcid=1

Did you put the following in your Boot Arguments? (you might want to change the 1 to your audio chipset layout-id)

Code:
alcid=1
Thank you very much for the suggestion, but that did not fix it for me. I updated from 10.15.4 when my audio worked great :( After it did not work I noticed that I had some kext patches related to AppleHDA - I removed them and audio worked fine. I did not need the alcid=1 :)

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the suggestion, but that did not fix it for me. I updated from 10.15.4 when my audio worked great :( After it did not work I noticed that I had some kext patches related to AppleHDA - I removed them and audio worked fine. I did not need the alcid=1 :)
Would you please provide more information about the kext patches you removed ? I also have such issue after upgraded to 10.15.5.

Would you please provide more information about the kext patches you removed ? I also have such issue after upgraded to 10.15.5.
I removed all kext patches that were for AppleHDA. I think there were 3. Who knows how long they have been there and exactly what they would do. I have not noticed any negative effects from removing them.

I'm without audio after the update to 10.15.5. It was working fine for me on 10.15.4 with ALC layout 7. But now is gone.
I'm using EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for kexts (AirportBrcmFixup, AppleALC, FakeSMC, Lilu, USBInjectAll).

Tried without the AppleHDA line on kect patches, but no success

Could someone help me?

Attachments

• config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 71
Add this to Clover and restart:

Boot > Arguments > alcid=7

If it doesn't work try that one:

Devices > Audio> Inject = 7

Make sure you're using the latest AppleALC.kext (currently 1.4.9) in Clover/kexts/Other and that you don't have HDA related kexts there and in /L/E

Add this to Clover and restart:

Boot > Arguments > alcid=7

If it doesn't work try that one:

Devices > Audio> Inject = 7

Make sure you're using the latest AppleALC.kext (currently 1.4.9) in Clover/kexts/Other and that you don't have HDA related kexts there and in /L/E

Thank you for you help. But I still have no audio :(

Is the audio chipset recognized in Hackintool?

Try with different layout-id numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back