Hi to all!!!.

First i put the setup.

MOBO. ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H Gaming
CPU. Intel Core I9 9900k
GPU. Asus ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING
SDD Samsung 860 1TB
RAM Crucial Ballistix 4x16
WIFI. Fenvi FV-HB 1200

So the problem is when I a have a online meeting ( google meets ) the cam freeze ramdomly, sometimes 3min, other times 3 seconds. I dont detect the problem, i switch the usb port, i switch cams... and not solve. So now i try a lot of EFI configurations, ( pro builders, and success configurations, with so similar or clone setups, and no way) I will attach the efi folder is in my catalina hd, now is a hybrid between two efis. So if u have any idea to improve the cams ill appreciate a lot.

For more info, sometimes the USB bluethoot doesnt work perfectly ( is connected to my apple keyboard ) the sound was freeze, when i use the optical out, the sound go perfect. The mouse, rarely freeze, but i dont know why, is soooooo rarely. Its seem USB config problem, but i use a dsdt was config for this moba..... I dont know.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    35 MB · Views: 152
Last edited:
I am totally having this issue, probably starting 10.15.3. It is still happening and perhaps even more frequently on 10.15.5. Used two different webcams, same problem.

Removing USB mapping and SSDT did not seem to change anything.

Experiencing the same issue with Logitech USB mic/webcam freeze after about 7-10ish minutes of usage? This happens in any conference app like Zoom, Google Meet, Skype. seems really random but consistent video freezes and drops and the same happens to the mic/headset

Here is my h/w

• Open Core 6.0
  • MacOS 10.15.6
  • GigaByte Z390 Aorus UltaAsus Z370-a m/b
  • 16GB Ram
  • Gigabyte RX580
  • WDS1000 1TB NVME
  • Fenvi F919 Card (hand/off, air-drop works perfectly).
  • Logitech USB C920 Webcam
All the latest kexts/clover

I've tried mapping ports but the freeze still exists even with a custom map. Sometimes, if i disable Fenvi T919 Bluetooth I can actually get around the freeze but this is not a solution for me as I need Bluetooth.

Should I try a new bluetooth card? Any pointers/help would be much appreciated. Anyone else experiencing this issue.

Attached my EFI-OC folder files for a glance to see if i have something in there that may be causing the issue. all kext files are the latest. I already tried to have a custom USB map kext but that didn't fix the freeze issue. please note that the webcam works on another Z370 system that i have.

Happy to report back to let you know that I found the fix the freezing issues I was experiencing with my USB Logitech webcam. I guess you can say I was very determined to find the root cause.

the issue can be corrected by fixing SMBus: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-...bus-methods/manual.html#finding-the-acpi-path

I'll continue to monitor and check back in. However, so far after added this SSDT my freezing is gone. hope this helps anyone else.

Happy to report back to let you know that I found the fix the freezing issues I was experiencing with my USB Logitech webcam. I guess you can say I was very determined to find the root cause.

the issue can be corrected by fixing SMBus: https://dortania.github.io/Getting-...bus-methods/manual.html#finding-the-acpi-path

I'll continue to monitor and check back in. However, so far after added this SSDT my freezing is gone. hope this helps anyone else.

Thank you for the useful post, I've been researching on this for the same issue.
I applied your fix, unfortunately it still doesn't work mine. I still experience random USB freeze from time to time.

Did you manage to find a working solution? I still have this problem...

Did you manage to find a working solution? I still have this problem...
For me, I removed my Logitech webcam, removed my Logitech usb speaker. And that seems fixed the issue.
Now I am using a random brand webcam from Amazon and creative pebble Bluetooth speaker

For me, I removed my Logitech webcam, removed my Logitech usb speaker. And that seems fixed the issue.
Now I am using a random brand webcam from Amazon and creative pebble Bluetooth speaker
I have Ausdom cam that worked properly before upgrading to Big Sur. I actually don't have any other USB devices connected :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back