CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
The strangest thing is happening on my build that I can't fathom. Ever since Apple released 10.15.2 I've tried updating my 10.15.1 through the normal update but it keeps showing there's an update available and my version in "About this Mac" remains 10.15.1. It shows the update is available and will be applied in the night. I've tried the night method but it does update. I've chosen "Update Now", it reboots and shows the same 10.15.1. Finally I downloaded the standalone and installed. After rebooting I get the same version showing in the "About this Mac" box and Software Update shows available update.

I'm not sure what is happening. it's really crazy. Software information from the system profile shows all the installation attempts I've made (See screenshot). Does this mean the installation was successful and for some reason the correct update isn't showing?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 5.25.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 5.25.23 PM.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 5.31.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 5.31.59 PM.png
    87.4 KB · Views: 83
You do need to watch that you boot from the correct disk after each restart (The one with 'Install' in the title) as my system seemed to default to anything but the right one.

Thanks Pilgrim. I believe I was lazy and negligent. Upon reboot, all the times I run the upgrade, there were three disk options at the clover boot but I failed to check and allowed the system to boot from the default disk. You reminder made me check those other disks (one with install and the other pre-install). Selecting the right disk completed the update. Had to reinstall my wifi driver to get the network back though.

Thanks for your guidance.

i'm having the same issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back