Contribute
Register

Catalina 10.15.1 update issue (hang on IGPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the same result: DGPU drops signal to displays, and it sounds like login screen STILL loads.

I tried booting my old Mojave drive with the supplied EFI folder and it does the exact same thing. I can access my old Mojave drive if I boot using the Mojave USB installer I created though.

The main change I made was that I got rid of your memory allocation for IGPU in config.plist > Devices > Properties. This should not be needed because you can allocated the correct amount of RAM to IGPU in BIOS.

The main change I made was that I got rid of your memory allocation for IGPU in config.plist > Devices > Properties. This should not be needed because you can allocated the correct amount of RAM to IGPU in BIOS.

Hmm, any other ideas? It seems like the IGPU stuff shouldn't even matter if it's disabled in the BIOS.

Hmm, any other ideas? It seems like the IGPU stuff shouldn't even matter if it's disabled in the BIOS.

Okay, here's something new:

My setup is two 4k displays, DisplayPort output from the RX570.

I unplugged both displays, and ran a HDMI cable from the RX570 to just one of the displays, and the login screen shows up on the display now.

If I plug my second display in via DisplayPort, it gets nothing.

So it seems like DisplayPort output is broken? What's up with that?

Okay, here's something new:

My setup is two 4k displays, DisplayPort output from the RX570.

I unplugged both displays, and ran a HDMI cable from the RX570 to just one of the displays, and the login screen shows up on the display now.

If I plug my second display in via DisplayPort, it gets nothing.

So it seems like DisplayPort output is broken? What's up with that?

Weird... Maybe try without WhateverGreen.

Weird... Maybe try without WhateverGreen.

I did try removing WhateverGreen, and still no go.

Now, I did find that display won't come up with HDMI plugged in on boot. I have boot, unplug HDMI, plug it back in, and it's good to go. Not the same with DisplayPort unfortunately.

Now, I did find that display won't come up with HDMI plugged in on boot. I have boot, unplug HDMI, plug it back in, and it's good to go. Not the same with DisplayPort unfortunately.

Have you tried different displayports?
For Catalina I have one hdmi and one DisplayPort (two monitors). The screen bounces back and forth it loads one screen cuts out then loads the other and so on a few times than they both show up.

Have you tried different displayports?
For Catalina I have one hdmi and one DisplayPort (two monitors). The screen bounces back and forth it loads one screen cuts out then loads the other and so on a few times than they both show up.

Yeah, I tried unplugging and plugging in to the two other DP outputs on back of the RX570, just one at a time, and get nothing with DP unfortunately.

Wow. Weird. Which model of RX 570 do you have?

Wow. Weird. Which model of RX 570 do you have?

I've got this one from Gigabyte.

I went back to my Mojave install for the time being, and I think I'll try a clean install of Catalina over the weekend and see what happens.

@nuthole2003 Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having this exact same issue with Gigabyte GA-Z270N-WIFI board with a Core i5 7600K processor and using the built-in HD630. I did a direct update from Mojave to Catalina 10.15.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back