Contribute
Register

Catalina 10.15.1 update issue (hang on IGPU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I updated to Catalina 10.15.1 this morning, and now I've got some boot issues that I could use some help with.

Before updated to Catalina I updated Clover to the latest build, and all my kexts (Lilu and WhateverGreen). Otherwise I use FakeSMC, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, and USBInjectAll (custom SSDT).

Catalina seemed to install fine, but after install, upon booting, I get:

[IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #

Here's what I've done so far:
  • I tried booting into safe mode with Clover and that didn't do anything.
  • I tried adding -disablgfxfirmware to Clover and that didn't really change anything for me either.
  • Disabled IGPU in BIOS and tried booting with no success.
  • I booted from my Mojave USB installer (which has the latest version of Lilu and WhateverGreen), and it seems that while the loading screen shows about 90% complete, the OS is loaded as there is sound coming from the speaker, notifications and such. But my one screen is blank and the other has the loading screen nearly complete. Nothing I can access.
  • Tried removing WhateverGreen from the Mojave USB Installer and I just get stuck on the loading screen at 90%, no OS sounds.
A bit of context:

Months ago, since I have a dual (dGPU + IGPU) system, I followed the instructions in the Idiot's Guide to Lilu and set my system up as a headless IGPU config.

Any ideas of what I can do to get something on the screen?

Thanks!

Please post your entire EFI folder.

Attached is the ZIP of the folder. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 69
Please try this EFI.

I gave that a whirl and I'm still getting [IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #.

The only thing different is that before, the Apple loading screen would instantly come on and the progress bar would be at 90%. With the EFI you provided it's back to normal and the progress bar loading normally.

Thank you for taking time to look into this, I appreciate it.

I gave that a whirl and I'm still getting [IGPU] Hash data from ME never returned, status = 1, doing retry #.

The only thing different is that before, the Apple loading screen would instantly come on and the progress bar would be at 90%. With the EFI you provided it's back to normal and the progress bar loading normally.

Thank you for taking time to look into this, I appreciate it.

Hmm... It should be working...

Can you please try with IGPU disabled in BIOS?

Hmm... It should be working...

Can you please try with IGPU disabled in BIOS?

Okay, I disabled IGPU in the BIOS, and while it boots, the DGPU drops signal to the displays and they go blank into sleep mode. I know the login screen loads because I can hear sounds.

Okay, I disabled IGPU in the BIOS, and while it boots, the DGPU drops signal to the displays and they go blank into sleep mode. I know the login screen loads because I can hear sounds.

Please try adding the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument to see if it helps.

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 12.51.25 PM.png

Have you tried boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

Please try adding the "agdpmod=pikera" boot argument to see if it helps.

View attachment 437936

Still the same result: DGPU drops signal to displays, and it sounds like login screen STILL loads.

I tried booting my old Mojave drive with the supplied EFI folder and it does the exact same thing. I can access my old Mojave drive if I boot using the Mojave USB installer I created though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back