1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Performa
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
  6. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
was looking for something else but stumbled into this: http://modcontest2012.coolermaster.com/previous-winners.php

Coolermaster case modding contest, the link is to last years winners, it may give someone some ideas other than cramming your innards in yet another unfortunate G5...

Like a tron bike for example !!

Anyway competition seems to run every year.........

There is an reason everybody stuffed his pc into a G5.. It's just a beautiful, minimalistic, case.
It's the most modded case ever because of that. I understand that you get bored by all the G5.
But i think the part of a G5 you should mod is the inside, make that part your own!

Other reason you see G5 or other Apple mods here is because this site deals with OS X and installing it on PC hardware and a lot of people like the Apple cases for the look of authenticity.
Sorry it bothers you so that we cram stuff into Apple cases ....

Also the registration link is well past

1. Registration : Aug 6,2012 – Sept 7,2012
2. Worklog update & submission : Aug 6, 2012 – Dec 7, 2012
3. Voting : Dec 10,2012 – Dec 14,2012
4. Winners Announce: Dec 20,2012

Keep up the cramming! And keep posting pictures! I love all the creativity I see inside those cases.

chaos

Yep, love looking at other mod.s and scratch built cases, but there are lots of forums for those too. Here, like Eel says, a lot of people want their Mac computalike to also be a Mac lookalike.

There's a lot of cross pollenation going on though as I think it is less intimidating to start with a case that you know is going to work than to start something from scratch. I know a lot of us now are dabbling with PCs and scratch built cases but a simple cut and shut to a Mac case is a great way to start.

My current project is about as scratch built as it can get and a million miles from a Mac looky likey........I'll post a few pic.s when I am done.

Having seen this thread I think we should have one of out own with categories like; best original case, best reuse of an existing Apple case with categories for most OEM look and categories for best of's for G4, and G5 cases, and have an overall champion for the competition. I know everyone on here likes to show off their work and I think it would be a great way to let take a little more pride in what they have done. Every time I browse the case mod forum I'm never ceased to be amazed at what people on here have done. Guys like Eel, neilhart and Mini do some amazing work with cases and on the software side as well.

Oh don't get me wrong I do like the g5 case, I have pondered more than once of ripping out mines internals and updating them! And can also understand making our clones cunningly mac like in as many ways possible. I like apples case designs, the cubes, the windtunnel g4 I even perhaps now regret throwing away that old quadra 800 I had!

But then I also like the weird and unusual, I like steampunk too, but can't say I have ever thought of making a pc into a star ship tho!

I just posted the above as thought it might spark some new ideas or directions as well. The pc case can become a whole new work of art in itself! Imagine the possibilities, I wish I had the time and talent and money to do some of this stuff.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back