Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey all,

New to the board and looking to build a nice rig for a friend. I think I have a good idea on the components (based on great ideas in the forum) but have now moved on to the case. Any suggestions on decent looking/performing cases? Looking for something a little bit different than the ordinary but don't really want to sacrifice too much in terms of heat dissipation and accessibility.

Thanks,

Tuyen

Price range, pl0x? :D

And if you would like a case, check your targeted build price and look through my suggested builds (link in signature).

Thanks! I just checked out your guide and it has a some great case ideas. I'll look through those and see if there's one he likes.

No problem! If you have any other questions (or maybe you want to suggest a case yourself), feel free to give a post and I'll check it out. :D

tuyenvo said:
Hey all,

New to the board and looking to build a nice rig for a friend. I think I have a good idea on the components (based on great ideas in the forum) but have now moved on to the case. Any suggestions on decent looking/performing cases? Looking for something a little bit different than the ordinary but don't really want to sacrifice too much in terms of heat dissipation and accessibility.

Thanks,

Tuyen
Check out my build... Antec Designer 500... Loving it !

If he wants a host of HDDs in his case (like me :)), check out the Fractal Design Define R2:
  • It has eight 3.5" bays plus 2 5.25" bays (one already equipped with a 3.5" adaptor)
    It's noise-dampened
    Air-intakes are dust-filtered
    Two 120mm 15dB fans pre-installed (one front, one rear, practically inaudible)
    Five optional 120mm fans (one front, two top, one side, one bottom)
    Bottom mount for PSU (filtered air-intake from the bottom if you want to)

I only added a second front fan so all my HDDs receive direct air-flow.

This is mine with the PSU (which I ordered separately, of course) installed (Sorry for the huge size; I just linked to the pic I uploaded in another thread.):
file.php

Last edited by a moderator:
The case I picked (The NZXT Tempest ATX Mid-Tower Case) comes with 6 fans (All included), 8 internal Hard Drive bays, looks great, comes with no PSU, has a reputation for being quiet, and being cold. Just a suggestion :)

Tom

You may want to check out the Corsair obsidian 800D as well. It's a monster, but it should suit you for many many builds. That's the one I'm gunning for, if only my local clone shop could keep it in stock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back