Contribute
Register

Carbonite and Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
bruceleeroy said:
Hey guys,
Hate to resurrect a dead topic but I have been using Carbonite for a while and I love it and would rather not switch to a different solution.

I have the same problem you guys have outlined in that my Serial-ATA removable media is set to YES

What steps can I take or where can you guys direct me in order to fix that?

Thanks.
Was never able to fix it. Perhaps it'll change with Lion, but who knows? In the meantime, I switched to Backblaze and it's been seamless. Like Carbonite, after the initial transfer, you never know it's running.

I had the same issue after updating to Lion and version 1.16 of Carbonite and I confirmed it was definitely related to the drive showing up as Removable Media = Yes. I was able to correct it by using OrangeIconFix.kext instead of IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext. Carbonite is happy and backing my files up again! Almost cancelled my subscription as they told me Hackintoshes were not supported! Bah! :D

I'm using CrashPlan.... no problem with PowerPC/Intel, Leopard, SL, or Lion.... real Mac or Hackintosh. ... and yeah, will backup FW/USB drives, heck even Windows network shared drives/files/folders.

I was previously successfully using Carbonite on a non-iBoot/Multibeast Leopard install but after doing a fresh install of Snow Leopard using iBoot and Multibeast, Carbonite would no longer work. Of course Carbonite support was no help. The issue continued after upgrading to Lion using xMove and reinstalling the Lion compatible version of Carbonite.

Replacing IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext with OrangeIconFix.kext fixed the issue (drives were flagged as removable, even though the icon indicated otherwise) and Carbonite is now up and running again.

Thanks.

i also need carbonite help also. how do u install the OrangeIconFix.kext
i guess i screwed up on my setup and now lost on how to fix. i downloaded the next but clueless how to install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back