AMD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. LC
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I finally got around to transferring my boot drive to an SSD. I used Carbon Copy Cloner to clone the drive. I can't seem to get my boot loader to work. I can use my thumb drive to get to chimera and then boot to the drive, but whenever I try to boot directly to the SSD it stops at "loading operating system".

Things I've tried:
1) I tried to run multi beast, but since everything seemed to be working I only checked the userDSDT and put the .aml file on the desktop.
2) Next I tried to download and run the chimera boot loader software. Also got the same result.

One other thing to note that I'm not sure if it's important or not, the drive I cloned used 4k sectors. I had followed these instructions to fix that: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=42881&p=283088

One question with the boot loader as well. I've only used the boot loader when I was setting up my system initially. Once I followed the instructions from the link above it would automatically boot into OS X unless I pushed a button. I would like to keep it that way since my bluetooth keyboard won't work until it's in lion. Then when I do want to switch to windows I can plug in the usb keyboard and boot into it.

I'm guessing that you haven't reinstalled Chimera. It doesn't copy to your SSD when you use CCC. Run Multibeast and check Chimera again... see if that gets you to where you want to be...

Hmm ok so that was all my bad. (can you delete a post on here ha ha) I removed my first drive because I had called them both Lion so that I would avoid confusion. Well me being the smart person that I am forgot to go back into BIOS and change the boot order. Thanks for the help. Sorry for the waste of time.

No problem at all. I've received such fantastic support that I always want to help whenever I can. I'll admit that sometimes my enthusiasm to help may have led people the wrong way. We all have lots of learning and that is haLF THE FUN.

This morning I'm going to try and install Lion on an old Socket 775 ASUS Board with a Core 2 Duo processor. Something tells me this won't go as smoothly as my first install and there will be a lot of learning today :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back